Web
Analytics
Report - - Kraftwerk Union, Germany, January 2020 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kraftwerk Union, Germany, January 2020

aitakaitov

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My first report - please excuse the shortcomings.

So, last week we did a 1600km round trip with non-forum friends for a power plant somewhere in Germany.
As much as I'd like to write something about its history, I've been sworn to secrecy, since the location is in a very good condition, so you'll have to be happy with just photos.
We did visit the boiler house, but it's pitch black in there and honestly, the only interesting parts are the turbines.
There were three turbines - two AEG and one Kraftwerk Union (which was a joint venture of AEG and Siemens iirc).

Getting in was quite complicated because the site still has some workers in there and the office buildings looked active too.
After some running and climbing, we were able to get inside, navigate through the dark and dusty boiler and finally reached the turbine hall.

Do excuse the edit, hope it's not too over-the-top.

The first turbine

union-4.jpg

union-2.jpg

union-1.jpg

union-10.jpg

union-11.jpg

union-13.jpg

The second turbine

union-6.jpg

union-5.jpg

union-14.jpg

union-16.jpg

The stuff behind the white turbine

union-15.jpg

union-17.jpg

The last and the largest Kraftwerk Union turbine was on a lower level in the turbine hall

union-20.jpg

The patched-up hole makes it look like there used to be a turbine there.

union-22.jpg

union-24.jpg

union-26.jpg

union-28.jpg

union-30.jpg

Then there were three control rooms, but one was pitch black so I don't have any good photos of it.
And yes, the phone was still working.

union-21.jpg

union-31.jpg

Ende.

Attachments

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
Well that's a bit of a stonker isn't it! Looks like you could eat food off the floor its so clean.