real time web analytics
Report - - Lady Mabel College.. Rotherham, December 2017 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lady Mabel College.. Rotherham, December 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
After heading up for a festive week in Scotland with the girlfriend I had this place in mind. The weather was atrocious though and I half wondered if to bother. But the rain cleared my end and the snow that end was starting to thaw and I had some time spare so I made the small diversion. Set in the grounds of a large hall, the hall was given over in a lease to west riding council as a college to teach physical education. The school ran from 1949 to 1979 in the house, and expanded into the grounds,the lease was given up in 1988. On visiting here the explore is split into three bits. The modern accommodation blocks, the modern classrooms and pool, and finally in the stable blocks were the classrooms and big sports hall and changing rooms are. I decided to miss the accommodation blocks as they looked a bit boring and concentrate on the other two bits dude to time restraints. I was aware that builders are working on the place so had to play it carefully. Seemed nobody was about that day though which made it a bit more relaxing.

The modern block was a bit basic just breeze block rooms but what I came here to see was the large pool. It was a great time of day as the sun was getting low and making the colours nice.

The boiler house.

The changing rooms are starting to decay nicely.

Moving on to some of the classrooms.

Continued..

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Some lovely decay going on here. 3rd from last is a fab shot. And the snow does make for some really nice photos too. Also those beams are quite nice and the hallway with that nice floor. Surprised how clean it is. Great back cat again.:thumb

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
Supprised never seen this before, great looking building must be a reason why there's not been anything since 2017 if like you said not much has changed can only presume access isn't possible or atleast obvious

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Some lovely decay going on here. 3rd from last is a fab shot. And the snow does make for some really nice photos too. Also those beams are quite nice and the hallway with that nice floor. Surprised how clean it is. Great back cat again.:thumb
Thank you Jane. It had been kept unvandalized. The accomodation blocks did get vandalized quite quickly as they were in easier reach. Lots of nice things to look at here.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Supprised never seen this before, great looking building must be a reason why there's not been anything since 2017 if like you said not much has changed can only presume access isn't possible or atleast obvious
There was works going on at the front of the main hall area as it was in a square shape with a large courtyard in the middle. Not sure if work got completed totally.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Some quality photos there. Love the pool and the corridors with circular roof lights.
JamRags are a bargain at 10p too.
Cheers mate. The circular roof light holes are nice, I always like seeing them. Oh inflation has gone up so much since this closed :p

Parysperspective

A peach, a nice welcoming peach
Banned
A few have tried this over the past few years and reported about security. However I’ve not yet seen security, yet haven’t gone fully into the college bit.

I know there’s a ground man that scoots around the estate in the day. As he once shooed me (and my mother) away while I was peering round during a casual walk. (Multitasking walk of course, how could I not try to suss things out in passing?)

But has anyone tried this year as I’ve heard no recent mummers? has security given up yet? Might try it again next year, but useful if anyone has any recent notes?

Who has read this thread (Total: 186) View details