real time web analytics
Report - - Lady Urethra - Nottingham - July 2016 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lady Urethra - Nottingham - July 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbanCaving

Sewer Rat
28DL Full Member
Myself and Punk are working on a number of bits and bobs here and there, and this is one of those that we have had our eye on for a little while. And after meeting up with a few people in Nottingham we decided to end our evening in Nottingham by popping into this little culvert.

Here I introduce Lady Urethra found with @KM_Punk and @Miss Mayhem

Constructed around 1957, This particular culvert which picks up a few tributarys along the way eventually ending up at a Sump to take flow underneath a canal and eventually outfalling into the River Trent. As you can see quite a lot of crap floating about including a Polystyrene BigMac box :)

One of the original construction photographs..
Screenshot_20160709-225343b260c.jpg

IMG_13139b067.jpg

IMG_131791255.jpg

IMG_1319bee97.jpg

IMG_13216774a.jpg

IMG_13237699f.jpg

And onto the sump it self..

IMG_1310a378a.jpg

IMG_1314cfbe6.jpg

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have tried to hold my typing fingers back....but no safety chain before an unknown depth/undertow in that sump:mad::yawn Given these times of H&S, liability and ambulance chasing lawyers....how long before a lawsuit from some drainers/workers family?o_O

UrbanCaving

Sewer Rat
28DL Full Member
Most of the H&S aspect is covered under Confined Spaces training. And the first rule of Confined spaces is do not enter them unless absolutely needed.

In pic 6 you can see ladders that drop into the sump pits. So there are some design elements that allow man access directly into the sump.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeap, my bad, just noticed the ladders....presumably the sump can be drained/pumped out?

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Another cool find mate and lovely crisp reflections....and a very nice looking confluence :cool:

how long before a lawsuit from some drainers/workers family?o_O

Please, and I think this is the third time you've been asked now, stop talking bollocks about sumps :thumb

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fair enough yorrick, I still thought the safety chain/grate was a fair point however. It's not even marked/signed is it? But I will leave it.

kmpunk, suppose it all goes to some weird german horror I watched many years back....this girl had a massive manhole in her cellar, and there was a sump and rcp in it...

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Fair enough yorrick, I still thought the safety chain/grate was a fair point however. It's not even marked/signed is it? But I will leave it.

kmpunk, suppose it all goes to some weird german horror I watched many years back....this girl had a massive manhole in her cellar, and there was a sump and rcp in it...

Firstly, there's no point in wasting money on signs and chains, when they intend on the only people going in there are workmen with the correct training and a brief before entering, they're gonna know what's in there.
And that house in the German film. Where is it and what's it's value? An rcp with a sump would make a good mancave.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fair point, I do agree there, would make for an interesting conversation meeting workers underground.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100581/

It's this one, think its a co-production, it is very bizarre. Not sure where the house is, but when thinking back now, I do like your thinking....would make a cool exit spot.