real time web analytics
Report - - Ladywell Baths and Coroners Court London February 2015 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ladywell Baths and Coroners Court London February 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mrwhite

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My visit

ok this is my report from this interesting place (shite more like)..this is actually my second visit, first one my camera decided to stop working.

I can see why there isn't many reports from this place, maybe back in the day it would have been a perfect place to explore, but curiosity got the better of me. Like Slayaaa says its not really worth the effort.

Such a shame the back hall is destroyed by fire, to tell you the truth the best part of the building is the front.

A bit of history​
A little bit of history..Slayaaa pretty much covered most of its history, but il put up a little.

The Ladywell Baths were built in 1884 in deep red brick, with their own well (not far from the original Lady Well).
The Coroner's Court (far left) was built 10 years later in 1894 also from red brick. Both buildings were needed to serve the expanding population.
The baths closed in 1965 when the Leisure Centre opened; the tower has lost its cap (in 1907-8) and the building's future is uncertain.

DSC09271_zpsppmek3zv.gif

View attachment 624498
View attachment 624499

View attachment 624500

View attachment 624501

View attachment 624502

View attachment 624503

View attachment 624504

View attachment 624505

View attachment 624506

View attachment 624507

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It looks so good from the outside shame its a bit bare on the inside. This has happened to me quite a few times in the past somewhere has looked so promising from the outside then a massive let down once inside still good effort all the same.