real time web analytics
Report - - Lafarge Aggregates - Coventry Ready Mix Plant | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lafarge Aggregates - Coventry Ready Mix Plant

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

G

Goldeeno

Well had me dinner, and as it was such a nice night, i decided to take a drive down here, after hours, to hopefully catch a few shots.
This place although small is a nice spot, next to a nature reserve, its got a tower, and mixing unit, and a long conveyor. I didnt really know what to find, probably a load of locked doors, i couldnt have been more wrong!

On my way down to the site.
IMG_6322e.jpg

IMG_6325e.jpg

The Externals
IMG_6330e.jpg

IMG_6350e.jpg

As soon as i saw the silo, i knew this was gonna be my first High Shoot, i just had to get up there. The ladder on the side shown, you cant get up or rather, its a bit risky. So i thought my visit was going to be tainted.
IMG_6337e.jpg

So i wondered around the outside looking for other stuff.
IMG_6340e.jpg

IMG_6347e.jpg

Then looking around i noticed that there were a set of stairs running along side the converyor upto the hoppers. It was a bit scary ill admit, being able to see through the steps all the way up, i guess its about 40ft. I havent done much to do with heights. But worth the climb.
IMG_6358e.jpg

Conveyor Controls
IMG_6365e.jpg

My fav photo i took of the night..
IMG_6378e.jpg

And the view from the top.
IMG_6384e.jpg

IMG_6387e.jpg

IMG_6398e.jpg

I love H+S signs, the wording, is comical.
IMG_6402e.jpg

I noticed the door to the bottom of the main tower were wide open... so in i went, and there was a maze of ladders and gangways, with another converyor running up the middle to the drop shoots.
IMG_6412e.jpg

IMG_6422e.jpg

IMG_6430e.jpg

IMG_6445e.jpg

IMG_6448e.jpg

And then to my joy, i saw a ladder leading to the sky. :D
IMG_6453e.jpg

Once on the roof, there was some stair leading to the hoppers at the end or the conveyor, and some steps leading up onto the top of the silo. Awesome.
IMG_6474e.jpg

IMG_6481e.jpg

IMG_6500e.jpg

Whats a spade doing up here??
IMG_6503e.jpg

IMG_6532e.jpg

And to top it all off, as the sun was going down, a chance to take some amazing sunset shots. 1 towards Baginton, and the other accross the Brandon Nature Reserve.
IMG_6514e.jpg

IMG_6492e.jpg

An Awesome trip, my best and fav yet!

Thanks for looking.

IMG_6545e.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details