real time web analytics
General - - Lamp at Pinner Quarry Sandstone Mine | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Lamp at Pinner Quarry Sandstone Mine

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

RachelLi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just come back from a visit to Pinner Quarry (I went to test a new Lens on the crane :D) and, unfortunately, the famous lamp at P32 has been taken :(

A lot of folk used it as a "signpost" that you were on the right track to the crane, so it's a shame to see it gone. I've tried attaching a picture directly from my phone but if it does not work I will attach one from Flickr later.

_20180609_173205.JPG

Just thought I'd let you guys on here know as I've seen quite a few reports for Pinner.

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Did you manage to reach the crane? Unfortunately things being removed, graffiti etc is the price to pay for a mine having open access.

RachelLi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Did you manage to reach the crane? Unfortunately things being removed, graffiti etc is the price to pay for a mine having open access.

Yes, made it to the crane :thumb I've been quite a few times now so it's good for a quick mooch.

That's true. Hopefully no one dodgy will find their way to the crane and ruin that...

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes, made it to the crane :thumb I've been quite a few times now so it's good for a quick mooch.

That's true. Hopefully no one dodgy will find their way to the crane and ruin that...
Thats good to hear, the crane looks quite similar to the one in Box mines, though I've never been in them myself.
I should have added string as one of the problems with open access, the Cults mine that I visit fairly regularly is getting festooned with the stuff, it can be a tripping hazard in places.

RachelLi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thats good to hear, the crane looks quite similar to the one in Box mines, though I've never been in them myself.
I should have added string as one of the problems with open access, the Cults mine that I visit fairly regularly is getting festooned with the stuff, it can be a tripping hazard in places.

I'd really like to go to Box but it's quite far away from me and I believe gaining entry is quite difficult... I 'll get there some day haha.

Oh yeah, the string is a nightmare. Sometimes I take older bits of string away and bin it - half of them don't lead anywhere anyway. There is a load of red and white tape in Pinner too which I think was used to tape off an area of bad roof collapse, but it's been thrown around everywhere now.

JoanneCard?

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The advice I got on finding the crane was "Just stay left".... and went straight too it (From left entry, not firing range)....
Really enjoyed my hour in Pinner.... Looking forward to going again sometime

RachelLi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The advice I got on finding the crane was "Just stay left".... and went straight too it (From left entry, not firing range)....
Really enjoyed my hour in Pinner.... Looking forward to going again sometime

Yeah, I actually used your report to help me find the crane! Love it in Pinner, it's got a good amount of interesting features and the crane is the cherry on top - quite an easy mooch too and not far from me.