real time web analytics
Lamps | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lamps

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Bought the remaining two carbide lamps from Oxygen Thief, here they are in action.

Lamp 1

lhr8X2D.jpg

Lamp 3

pOzpYS5.jpg

Thanks again OT they work beautifully :thumb

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Yeah, when it gets up to pressure it leaks a tiny bit around the join. PTFE sorted it nicely.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
It certainly does.

They may be a bit of a faff compared to modern stuff but the light they give out is well worth it IMO.

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I reckon from a photographic point of view the carbide lamp is superb for some nice warm lighting and deffo worth the faff, I also remember being in a mine with a lad using a carbide cap lamp, it was interesting to say the least..goodbye eyebrows :)

Last edited:

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
That's the nozzle I got from my-urbex.com. My petzl nozzle also fits but that produces a far inferior flame.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Got this off ebay for not a lot, arrived today and works perfectly!

qEinNG6.jpg
DCLWtxq.jpg

04oErAt.jpg
jgYmw84.jpg

Makes me grin when you see completely and utterly fucked lamps for £100+

Last edited:

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Yeah there's some overpriced rubbish out there.

That bike light looks ok without it's hideous lens. Nice handle on it as well.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
I quite like the lens from an aesthetic point of view, may be crap for mine lighting purposes but it'll look good on the lamp when its not being used.

One thing I did overlook on first check was the metal tape painted black which you can just make out in pic 1 above. Underneath the tape was four 0.5cm corrosion holes. Someone had had the bright idea to tape it up and colour it in with permanent marker :crazy

Still, explains why I got it so cheap with my best offer. Five minutes later with the rest of my plumbers weld used up it's sealed and safe.

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details