real time web analytics
Report - - Langport ROC - Somerset 03.03.10 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Langport ROC - Somerset 03.03.10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

stuntmonkey

28DL Member
28DL Member
Good evening Ladies and gentleman. This is my first report/post so please be gentle…

I am new to the world of urbex so thought I would add I little report of my own. I realise Langport had been done a few times before but thought it was a good place to start after taking some advise from Urbanity.

This particular post is actually on my way to work and I have passed within 200m or it every day for the last 6 years and only learned of its existence last weekend!

Monday evening on the way back from work my friend and I stopped from a quick reccy to find the location. Unfortunately after running up and down what felt like a 45 degree hill to no avail my mate called to me from the next field that he had found it!

Even after seeing so many photos on here I really didn’t know what to expect and to be honest it felt like an early episode of LOST finding the hatch lol

Unfortunately I had neither a torch or a camera with me so as far as we got was to open the hatch take a quick snap on my phone and bugger off home.

We returned the next evening a little better prepared with my point and shoot, torch and an addition pal with his lamping torch! Plenty of lighting…

4404883634_111a4b05ce.jpg

I was the first to descend in to the darkness and I must say my heart rate did raise a little but once the torch was on I felt a lot happier… even more so when joined by my friends.
Very little remains apart from a chair, three mattresses and a few odds and ends as im sure you have all seen in previous post.
My personal favourite random item shown below(government property :p)

4404135053_88fb7a923f.jpg

Here are a few shots from my point and shoot… will take the SLR next time out.

4404121113_4c6db052a7.jpg

4404886994_21fc87d830.jpg

We didn’t stay for long as to be honest there is only so long three men should spend in a small under ground bunker together for fun. Also the mention of what might happen if someone were to close the hatch saw us ascend rather quickly!

4404899904_5a2c04b485.jpg

Sorry to ramble and my apologies if I’ve buggered anything up. Look forward to any feed back anyone can offer and I look forward to more explorations in the near future

:thumb

Last edited: