real time web analytics
Report - - Lansdowne Hotel - Sussex - September 2016 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lansdowne Hotel - Sussex - September 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

xexxa

Xexxa the grey
Banned
Surpries to see this hasn't been done already (although I'm sure someone will pop up tosay it has)

A little history stolen from the news

The seaside hotel where Ian Fleming wrote Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is up for sale for an expected £8 million.

The Lansdowne Hotel, formerly the Dudley Hotel, has welcomed illustrious guests such as Sir Winston Churchill and Noel Coward.

But in recent years the once illustrious venue - in Lansdowne Place, Hove - has fallen into disrepair, closing in January 2013 after going into administration with debts of £9 million.

A buyer could not be found for the poorly maintained hotel and administrator KPMG said it was not viable to maintain as a hotel, citing the location and economic climate.

I hate Brighton... But this was something else - the front of the hotel is very attractive, originally 6 townhouses, and still a very imposing, grand building.

IMG_3923-1_zpspifhgok3.jpg

IMG_3924-1_zpsxvbiyxwz.jpg

IMG_3928-1_zpst3wjlcmj.jpg

IMG_3936-1_zpsvkhx6hcu.jpg

IMG_3937-1_zpszhjcfv8z.jpg

IMG_3940-1_zps8oxoqjoq.jpg

IMG_3946-1_zpshpn7f7rw.jpg

IMG_3958-1_zpsdgea7jrz.jpg

IMG_3967-1_zpsuen1rhhy.jpg

IMG_3987-1_zps2wud83f4.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Michael Measor

28DL Member
28DL Member
Surpries to see this hasn't been done already (although I'm sure someone will pop up tosay it has)

A little history stolen from the news

The seaside hotel where Ian Fleming wrote Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is up for sale for an expected £8 million.

The Lansdowne Hotel, formerly the Dudley Hotel, has welcomed illustrious guests such as Sir Winston Churchill and Noel Coward.

But in recent years the once illustrious venue - in Lansdowne Place, Hove - has fallen into disrepair, closing in January 2013 after going into administration with debts of £9 million.

A buyer could not be found for the poorly maintained hotel and administrator KPMG said it was not viable to maintain as a hotel, citing the location and economic climate.

I hate Brighton... But this was something else - the front of the hotel is very attractive, originally 6 townhouses, and still a very imposing, grand building.

IMG_3923-1_zpspifhgok3.jpg

IMG_3924-1_zpsxvbiyxwz.jpg

IMG_3928-1_zpst3wjlcmj.jpg

IMG_3936-1_zpsvkhx6hcu.jpg

IMG_3937-1_zpszhjcfv8z.jpg

IMG_3940-1_zps8oxoqjoq.jpg

IMG_3946-1_zpshpn7f7rw.jpg

IMG_3958-1_zpsdgea7jrz.jpg

IMG_3967-1_zpsuen1rhhy.jpg

IMG_3987-1_zps2wud83f4.jpg

Thanks for looking!
I used to work at the Dudley in the 1980s as an Electrician, it was nice to see inside again.The staircase used to have a very large crystal chandelier hanging from the roof. It was a lovely place to work and the staff were great. But it was sold on and was made redundant as we're all the staff. Thanks for the memories.