real time web analytics
lanterns, torches, tilley lamps what do you prefer? | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

lanterns, torches, tilley lamps what do you prefer?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

what kind of light source

• Total voters

sambo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i used to use a zoomable torch but now i find my self using a 500 lumen lantern what do you guys use when exploring dark places and any suggestions?

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
i used to use a zoomable torch but now i find my self using a 500 lumen lantern what do you guys use when exploring dark places and any suggestions?
Depends on the dark place being explored Sambo, would that be a building a tunnel or perhaps just the darkest corners of ones mind...500 lumens may not be enough :D

sambo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Depends on the dark place being explored Sambo, would that be a building a tunnel or perhaps just the darkest corners of ones mind...500 lumens may not be enough :D
it all depends what one happens to come across in the field i try to be prepared by carrying both but recently i’ve had no need for the torch in tunnels and buildings the flash on my camera works fine for most photos

b3n

onehundredandthirtythree
Regular User
Carbide lamp if it doesn't involve sumps, descending waterfalls or too many crawls! Your eyes adjust to the dark so quickly you don't need anything super bright - unless someone else has a mega lumen battery drainer. General exploring a headlamp with red mode is my go to all the way.

hoix

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have a zoomable torch and a absolutely massive tall inspection torch with about 100 LEDs on, although I can't find the charger for it so I can't use it for now.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Fellows Lynx X12 Lamp, Skyray King/Lenser P7.2 Torches and a carbide lamp for those special occasions.