real time web analytics
Report - - Largoward Bunker (fife) | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Largoward Bunker (fife)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ronster84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Whilst walking locally, I noticed a mound/hill with a series of air vents and an entrance hatch on the top. Explored what I could on my own and managed to open the iron hatch to reveal the ladder downward. There’s an electricity supply still nearby as well, but the place looks long abandoned though in very good nick inside (from what I could see). No water or flytipping here.
I will upload the photos of the externals and hatch, I would love to see what’s further down but am happy to leave to any other locals who want to explore and upload as I wouldn’t attempt this one on my own.

Attachments

• 1773EB52-5A81-40FD-927D-90F855692C05.jpeg
    1773EB52-5A81-40FD-927D-90F855692C05.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 20

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
Looks like a water reservoir. That ladder looks pretty sketch though.

Jasmin11

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hiya I'm so interested in this post please give me a message. im in the process of posting my first thread about coulsdon underground tunnels and looking for bunkers and underground finds for this summer
jasmin :)

Ronster84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There’s a lot of military sites around here and an old airbase a few miles away - It’s also at the top of a hill, maybe I’m ignorant (most likely) but why would it be up the top of a hill? And what purpose do the vents serve?

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Agree about the reservoir, but good spot. It’s great to have an eye for things like thus - it’ll come in handy :thumb

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Good eye, us explorers, well me lol, im always looking about, drive past something and think whats that, can I explore it lol. Someone will im sure be up for a nosey down there with you. Good luck :thumb

Last edited:

Hidinginplanesite

Khurbanx
28DL Full Member
Hiya I'm so interested in this post please give me a message. im in the process of posting my first thread about coulsdon underground tunnels and looking for bunkers and underground finds for this summer
jasmin :)

wow them tunnels got sealed up about a year or go so now.

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
It's an empty service res and it's open
Get down there when you're next on a walk and take some pics

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Nice spot and good on you for not only going closer but also snapping pics for us.
Wise to not go down dodgy ladders into dodgy holes on your own but definitely worth confirming if its a reservoir by going back with someone.

Presumably reservoirs are on top of hills so gravity moves the water ;)

Ronster84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What I don’t understand is; it’s on the actual top of a hill.... so again, excuse my absolute ignorance.... but where is the water coming from? Surely they aren’t pumping water to the top of a hill to store it.

we are also within 2 miles of an airbase, and there are actual (now disclosed) underground nuclear bunkers nearby - the largest of which is now a tourist attraction.

regardless, it looks totally dry down there... worth a mooch

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
I see what you mean and I don't know for sure. The experts on here will know, Paul will tell you.
If I had to guess I would say there will be pipes filling it from an even higher source.

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
They're used to store clean treated water
Treated water gets pumped up to the res then pumped or gravity fed down when needed

Jasmin11

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
wow them tunnels got sealed up about a year or go so now.
Yes I know! So I’ve been multiple times to the tunnels in my years and have got some amazing pictures ! But am new to this site and would love to share my explores past and present with everyone

Who has read this thread (Total: 213) View details