Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Last Chance Before Demolition - Withington Laundry | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Last Chance Before Demolition - Withington Laundry

Didders

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is quite a large site and the only section remaining of the former hospital. The hospital laundry is a very big building and contains what looks like from the outside some huge boilers. As far as I'm aware has never been Urbexe'd nor any photos ever posted. Site is due to be secured within the next couple of weeks when demolition will commence.

Heads up in-case anyone fancies getting in there with a camera. Please keep me PM'd in as would be good to have a look inside. See link here for more info.

DidsburyLife: News: Info From the NHS re Demolition of former Withington Hospital Site

Postcode for Google Maps is: M20 1LB

Cheers :)

The Stig

Urbex = Nosey Bastard
Regular User
Then get in there and be the first :thumb

Didders

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Then get in there and be the first :thumb
I'd be tempted but not only is it in the middle of a residential area, but it looks locked up to me - probably a bit above my station for a first explore. I also don't own a proper camera at present, just the low-res job on my iPhone. Plenty of danger signs posted on the glass warning people to stay out. I'm sure that there's an easy way in though for someone who knows more about these things than me.

Had a quick look at the outside of the building on my way to work this morning. Through the large glass frontage then the four huge boilers are clearly visible and seriously impressive. The place just looks like it's been left in a hurry. Tools, dials, gauges, and large control panels still in situ and with a real air of decay about them. There's even an old pushbike leaned up infront of one of the boilers. There seems to be some steps leading down into the darkness of a sizeable underground basement from what I could see, and who knows what's in the large hall behind the tall chimney and boiler room? The windows here are too tall to see in without a ladder.

Guessing that the big glass facade and boilers could make for some really interesting photos with the sunlight streaming in.

Speed

Got Epic?
Staff member
To be fair that could be really good. Someone local go do it! We visited the rest of the hospital when it was still there but dont remember going in that bit. I gues it was still open back then.

Didders

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Site update - walked past this morning to see that a flimsy metal fence has been erected around the site. Demolition must now be imminent. Sadly I'm away for a lot of the next 2 weeks with work so an explore looking unlikely. This site looks epic - I'm sure whoever manages to get inside will not be dissapointed.

Didders

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Quick photo from inside the demolition site - think this will be gone before too long. Will try and get a shot of the massive boiler house in front of the hall where this photo was taken when I'm next passing.

IMG_1351.jpg