real time web analytics
Report - - Law and Disorder Culvert, Somersetshire, Jan 2012 | UK Draining Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Law and Disorder Culvert, Somersetshire, Jan 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
haha true that, they not have RCP round your way :p

No mate, anything remotely round in shape gets upended and turned into a cider vat.
drunk.gif

magpie

TH3 D4RKS1D3
Banned
excellent photo's!
so, why were you out at 9am, new years day, with a camera? that does seems suspicious to me! pmsl......

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
excellent photo's!
so, why were you out at 9am, new years day, with a camera? that does seems suspicious to me! pmsl......

This is of course, Somerset, so you have to allow for the time difference (as a rule of thumb, set your watch back by 25 years)

NavB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
wow that a great report, your shots are ace, love the original brick work

spud26123

28DL Member
28DL Member
this is realy good stuff, i live in bridgwater where there are meant to be alot of old tunnels, very interested in getting into urban exploring,have you ever looked much around bridgwater styru??? is there a local group cheers spudman

markymark

The shadow
28DL Full Member
Did some work there many years ago. Had free run of the law courts wish I had a camera back then. Had a crapppy pic sat in the judges chair too ha

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
this is realy good stuff, i live in bridgwater where there are meant to be alot of old tunnels, very interested in getting into urban exploring,have you ever looked much around bridgwater styru??? is there a local group cheers spudman

Cheers, not done a lot in Bridgwater - although, of course, there was the Cellophane factory - one of the best sites in the SW prior to its demolition:

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums...from-Urbanity-amp-Styru!)?p=560741#post560741

You also have this a short distance from Bridgy - probably a strong contender for the 'best in the SW' title - and still very worth seeing:

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums...t-(Fox-brothers)-Aug-2011-pikey-dub-BMX-remix

Be interested to hear what you know about tunnels in Bridgy - most towns/cities/villages have rumoured tunnels, often they are rumours that have a basis, but that have been exaggerated and elaborated over time - occasionally there are hidden gems to be found. :thumb

No local group as such, as people tend to travel to meet up - although there are a few Somerset based regulars.

urbanity

28dl flâneur
28DL Full Member
Wessex Water exposed some medieval tunnels that were part of a long demolished castle. They didn't look that epic tbh.

spud26123

28DL Member
28DL Member
yes styru cellophane was hell of a factory :) there was the smugglers tunnel uncovered by the wessex water people in castle street, they didnt give much away, and soon covered it up, time team got refused by the council to investigate which i find odd, theres a few entrances to tunnels in the town hall,st marys church, old council offices on the back of st marys street, all hard to gain access too, there must be other entrances through man holes ect, trial and error method it may be :) even asked in the museum a while ago, the man admited theres some tunnels but wouldnt give any info...... typical :(