real time web analytics
Report - - LDV, Sherpa assembly line | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - LDV, Sherpa assembly line

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
We saw LDV in its glory. An LDV with rows upon rows of British built presses, robots that still moved at the push of a button. An LDV with half finished vans hanging from the roof, and the newspapers of the workers still on their benches from their last day at work...

LDV is like any other derelict factory now, but that does not stop me wanting to see the parts of the works I missed from our previous visits. Another catalyst for me wanting to batter the rest is the rudeness of the new owners. I asked to go on site, and was bluntley refused. He told me that he had not even allowed Carl Chinn (A noteworthy Birmingham historian) access, and that there were to be no photographs of the site taken during it's demolition!

So, I present to you thirty photographs, of LDV during its demolition! Security are shit hot and it's going to take work and cunning to see what remains unexplored. I would like to thank Dave and Joe for their help this week...

ldv30of30.jpg

ldv29of30.jpg

ldv28of30.jpg

ldv1of30.jpg

ldv10of30.jpg

ldv11of30.jpg

ldv12of30.jpg

ldv13of30.jpg

ldv14of30.jpg

ldv15of30.jpg

ldv16of30.jpg

ldv17of30.jpg

ldv18of30.jpg

ldv19of30.jpg

ldv2of30.jpg

ldv20of30.jpg

ldv21of30.jpg

ldv22of30.jpg

ldv23of30.jpg

ldv24of30.jpg

ldv25of30.jpg

ldv26of30.jpg

ldv27of30.jpg

ldv3of30.jpg

ldv4of30.jpg

ldv5of30.jpg

ldv6of30.jpg

ldv7of30.jpg

ldv8of30.jpg

ldv9of30.jpg

scala66

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
stick it to them!

I got the mispleasure of driving one of the newer LDV's today, 2006 reg but with the front end from the 90's? square thing, drove like something from 20yrs before! how they even stayed alfloat as long as they did is a miracle.

agree, we had ldvs at work and they were the biggest piece of shit you could ever imagine.

pigdog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i had 1 off the insurance when my transit got wrote off bloody horrid thing ,in fact id say that the sherpa ,fright rover and ldv have to be some of the worst vans built,every thing on them seems cheap and nasty