Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Lead or Rumour info - Rochdale Secret Tunnels | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Lead or Rumour info - Rochdale Secret Tunnels

Beet Root

Living life through a pie
28DL Full Member
Orreet!

When i was a lad growing up in Rochdale (I know, I know) we used to hear stories of a secret tunnel from Stubley Old Hall to Birch Hill Hospital. I have searched the tinterweb but found nothing. Has anyone else heard of this?

Ta like!

UrbanZ

ERROR 401
28DL Full Member
If they've never been reported and you can't find anything online I'd say they were part of the same network of tunnels every kid heard of in their town. You know....the real super secret ones. ;)

Beet Root

Living life through a pie
28DL Full Member
If they've never been reported and you can't find anything online I'd say they were part of the same network of tunnels every kid heard of in their town. You know....the real super secret ones. ;)
I actually found some info on the tunnel last night, it was actually between Stubley old hall and Clegg Hall not Birch Hill like we were told as kids.

Sammilne95

28DL Member
28DL Member
I also heard alot about these tunnels growing up but the location I heard was from falinge Park Manor to falinge Park High school and then all the way across the the town hall which is about 3/4 mile long from one. I knew a few people who went to this school and they said they was able to go down it for like 5 metres down but then it was bricked up from that point, since then you cannot go down it at all there has been put a metal door on the entrance apparently. There is apparently one entrance in the basement of the town hall which will be difficult to get to that entrance from there and one surrounding the Manor House so I have heard.

Lee D

28DL Member
28DL Member
There’s a guy in Littleborough that got into some tunnels recently (last 12 months) that linked different parts of the hospital. Still in good condition even though there is a new shoebox housing estate built on the site. He posted pics on his Facebook page but can’t remember his name but he’s well known for his exploring in the area

Cjurbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There’s a guy in Littleborough that got into some tunnels recently (last 12 months) that linked different parts of the hospital. Still in good condition even though there is a new shoebox housing estate built on the site. He posted pics on his Facebook page but can’t remember his name but he’s well known for his exploring in the area