real time web analytics
Report - - Leafield Technical Centre, Oxfordshire. November 2018 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Leafield Technical Centre, Oxfordshire. November 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Leafield Technical Centre is the former Caterham F1 Headquarters, based in Oxfordshire. There is history already on here about this place as most people know, so i shant bother you with it :)

THE EXPLORE
I was here a week or so ago for a couple of hours but decided to come back now I had a camera in hand as opposed to just the iphone! It was a really nice evening, I was here right through sunset until it was dark and even had the joy of slipping out past 2 fellas that turned up in a black 4x4 of some sort with torches. I was circling around the back of the site taking a few snaps when i saw the 4x4 pull up and the guys inside get out and immediately split up and began looking around and shining their torches all over the place, I got out without a problem and i don't even know if they were actually security of some sort or just other people up to the same thing as me but there we go! All in all it was a good explore, even with it being my second time there. Still managed to spot and find a few things that I hadn't on the first trip - including the metal spiral staircase which I thought was a nice touch!

Now for some photographs.....

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0068.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

Landie_Man

"Landie" or Harry
Regular User
I forgot this even existed. I remember when it was Absolutley pristine. It’s survived better than I’d imagined but it’s still an absolute wreck.

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I forgot this even existed. I remember when it was Absolutley pristine. It’s survived better than I’d imagined but it’s still an absolute wreck.
Definitely far from pristine now, shame about the simulation room!

TRL1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I had an interview there in December 2005 with Mick Ainsley Cowlishaw for a job with Super Aguri. It was a real showpiece, something to be proud of, and in s beautiful location. Looks like it’s waiting for the bulldozers now :(