real time web analytics
Report - - Leafield Technical Centre Visits 1 + 2 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Leafield Technical Centre Visits 1 + 2

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

KXTT

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Found this awesome place through word of mouth from a local Oxford boy, before I looked into it properly and realised how much I had to visit!

Leafield was first a radio transmission centre which then turned into a 'motorsports centre of excellence'.

It was developed in 1912 be The General Post Office into a radio transmission centre but decommissioned in 1986 after being taken over by British Telecom. It was then redeveloped as a training site by BT but closed again in 1993.

It turned into a motorsports centre in 2003 and was last owned by Caterham F1. However, Caterham declared bankruptcy in early 2015 and since then Leafield Technical centre has been abandoned and is currently up for sale (according to Wiki).

It is super easy to find, still on Google maps which was odd and signage is still up, probably why it is so vandalised. Getting in was simple as it is pretty trashed, on both trips I manages about 2 hours until security came, security were really nice and just basically said please leave.

If you like climbing the roof is fab and you can easily get in the roof rafters and see into the sky light that goes into the blue presentation/theatre type room.

I first went in Nov 2020 with my partner then again last weekend with my friend (socially distanced!)

I would defo recommend a trip here, if you get there at the right time the light through the windows is awesome.

IMG_9205.jpeg

IMG_8616.jpeg

IMG_8665.jpeg

IMG_8685.jpeg

IMG_8759.jpeg

IMG_8778.jpeg

IMG_8790.jpeg

IMG_8851.jpeg

IMG_8855.jpeg

IMG_8865.jpeg

IMG_9074.jpeg

IMG_9094.jpeg

IMG_9095.jpeg

IMG_9106.jpeg

IMG_9110.jpeg

IMG_9113.jpeg

IMG_9116.jpeg

IMG_9120.jpeg

IMG_9128.jpeg

IMG_9157.jpeg

IMG_9170.jpeg

IMG_9177.jpeg

IMG_9179.jpeg

IMG_9200.jpeg

View attachment 893279

IMG_9209.jpeg

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Pretty good 1st report. Does need to follow forum format though. Adding area, mth & yr of explore to title bar. I know you have said Nov 20 in the report. But for easy ref, & forum format it needs to be in title.

Anyway well done on getting it up, and welcome to 28DL

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It was a cool place before it got totally destroyed! I should probably put my photos up at some point seeing as I was one of the first couple of people in there back in the day.
Fair enough. One mans epic is someone else’s not so epic. Still I like shoot places like this too.

KXTT

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Pretty good 1st report. Does need to follow forum format though. Adding area, mth & yr of explore to title bar. I know you have said Nov 20 in the report. But for easy ref, & forum format it needs to be in title.

Anyway well done on getting it up, and welcome to 28DL
Thanks! I have been battling with the editing functions so when I get used to it I will make sure to edit and do the same on all my other posts :D

KXTT

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great first report and some really nice shots too but I think me and you have a different idea of what Awesome is
Well awesome is surely subjective and this was my first explore in a good few years so my threshold for awesome is quite different to what it used to be!

nb43800

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just an update on this site. It is now officially a no go. Security is incredibly tight. Me and my friends arrived there and within 2 minutes, 3 people were standing by the gates and another person turning the light on in the hut. Also dogs on site. SO PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ATTEMPTING THIS, save your fuel.

Who has read this thread (Total: 231) View details