real time web analytics
Information - - LED torchs | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - LED torchs

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Franconian

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
-
some lumens
-

8bbf98eb-704f-4f63-958f-9726de45fbaa_zps202c3daa.jpg

FreshFingers

Choose life, choose tunnels
Regular User
Torches you say..im with mr powers,p7.2 is the one i use 99% of the time.i have some allegedly bright as fuck chinese torches which are about 900-1000 genuine ish lumens for pennies and work as well.

if you want stupidly bright with a pwerfull spot tho i would go for this.the lights a little yellow from what ive seen of my friends one and its a genuine as can be 1000 lumens

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-FEIT-...rg=20140407115239&rk=1&rkt=20&sd=151425917701

I bought a couple of those Fein ones last year, pretty bright, but the switching function developed a mind of it's own, on both the two of them. High, low, strobe and SOS.

Hmmm, just realised, Fein not Feit...I've got knockoffs ain't i??

Last edited:

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=161266170704&alt=web

£10.99, I bought this and a p7.2, a 3rd of the price and it's just as good with a battery you can recharge and better build quality IMO. I think OT sells them both on www.urbanexploring.co.uk as well. :thumb

Those little Chinese torches make me laugh. They're actually OK for the money, I use one myself sometimes. But it's a joke to call it 2200 Lumens. I suspect it's about one tenth of that. Never judge a Chinese torch by anything that's claimed. Try and make an assumption based on the LED chip, the circuitry and power input. Give it a quick google as well.

I'm currently rewriting the urbanexploring.co.uk website to be more blog-like and flexible, and hopefully such things will be covered in our context.

Only got a couple of P7.2 left BTW.

My experience with lenser headlamps was dire. 5 minutes and the tilt mechanism broke. 5 minutes !!

Personally, I'm getting the feeling, going forward, of having a 'universal' torch, like the P7 / 7.2, and having various mounts, head, helmet, bike, whatever.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I can only vouch for the Lenser H14r2 or whatever it is ?

I've smacked the thing hard so many times I'm surprised it still works as it did 6 months ago (insert pun)

Ive also got a couple of the T6 torches with the new chip in, and while they exceed the P7s output they're not as useful regarding the light spread and by the time you add in 18650 batteries and charger you may as well just get a genuine P7

I was chasing a Nitecore EA4 after seeing one in action in a res once but cheapest price was @£60 plus 4 18650s & charger etc worked out more expensive than the lenser H14r2
Us the EA4 has a bad rep for burning its switch units out after excessive run time in Turbo 800L + mode :(

There's some good DIY options on YouTube but at the end of the day convienience and useability win over light output ...... Unless it's a Nitecore Panther ..... Or a Tiny Monster ....or ....

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member
I've got a 2200 lumen chinese cree that isn't as bright as a P7 :D I've also got a chinese cree headtorch powered by a pair of 18650's that is awesomely bright for what I paid. You pays your money and takes your chances with the cheap stuff.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Been thinking of a P7.2 for a while now.
I found this the other day but am guessing due to it using AAA cells the battery life will be poor.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultrafire-A100-Lumens-Zoomable-Flashlight/dp/B00A9X85TQ/ref=pd_bxgy_diy_text_z/276-2022706-6806603#productDetails

You can use 18650 or triple A,friend of mine had one of these and used triple a and said it lasted ages,get yerself a decent nitecore charger for around 17 quid and some decent 18650 batterys mate

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details