real time web analytics
Information - - LED torchs | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - LED torchs

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

OverArch

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was looking for a seriously bright torch for a trip down a known reservoir recently. I wasn't prepared to buy a Scurion caving lamp at c. £300, so was doing a bit of a search. I ended up buying this Asaklitt torch and a Lenser 14 with the aim of testing them and sending back the one not needed / required.

http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Asaklitt-500-lm-LED-Torch/36-5023

Just a few point I noticed (hopefully useful for someone on here) :tumbleweed

* Both have a good bright white light - Asaklitt is a LOT brighter than the Lenser
* Build quality on the Lenser is better (although not by much), its slightly lighter and comes with batteries and a belt case
* The Asaklitt is a fixed beam whereas the Lenser has a spot/flood focus on it (which is useful)
* Different batteries (4 AAs on Lenser, 4 Cs on Asaklitt)
* Both have a two step high and low setting
* The Asaklitt is a bit bulkier
* Neither claim to be shock proof or water resistant. I've not tried the water resistance but the Lenser will cope with a drop on the floor (as I found out)

Turns out I kept both. Bugger.

For those looking for a Scurion - save up! : http://www.starlessriver.com/shop/scurion?zenid=1oernbdkq3ns65g3ao6nmha9r2

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
I'd go for a P7.2

I always keep an original P7 on me, they last for ages and are reliable.
The Lenser M7 is nice and bright but goes through more batteries

You can get Chinese Cree jobbies for less than a tenner but they are never as bright as they claim and the batteries are an arse ache

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Torches you say..im with mr powers,p7.2 is the one i use 99% of the time.i have some allegedly bright as fuck chinese torches which are about 900-1000 genuine ish lumens for pennies and work as well.

if you want stupidly bright with a pwerfull spot tho i would go for this.the lights a little yellow from what ive seen of my friends one and its a genuine as can be 1000 lumens

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-FEIT-...rg=20140407115239&rk=1&rkt=20&sd=151425917701

professor frink

Reppin Bumbaclaat
28DL Full Member
You can trust a Lenser, it's 99% reliable, carry 2 of them and you're 100% guaranteed not to be let down.
Anything with 'C' batteries will be heavy and a pain in the arse, a good quality 18650 battery will be lighter and outperform a 'C' battery all day long.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
You can trust a Lenser, it's 99% reliable, carry 2 of them and you're 100% guaranteed not to be let down.
Anything with 'C' batteries will be heavy and a pain in the arse, a good quality 18650 battery will be lighter and outperform a 'C' battery all day long.

Last chinese 18650 torch i got was a 9 quid ebay bargain,5 chps takes 4 batterys and is bright as fuck,just not as bright as they say,and i agree 2 lensers and your not going to need to worry

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You cant light paint with a head torch matey..:)well no doubt you can but i wouldn't

Why not mate ??? i do all the time :)

You can take it off your head and hold it in your hand or tie it to something else hanging about if you want mate :D

It actually comes with an extension cable to enable you to say clip onto a belt etc and hand hold at a greater distance from the battery pack. Which is basically 3x 18650s i imagine ? but also takes AAs or 18650s in the battery compartment if you kill it :)

And it"s available a lot cheaper now :)

Fancy a Nightcore Panther or similar but you cant stick that in your pocket and be discreet :)

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
headtorch is good for finding way back to camera in the dark when you leave it behnd ,saying that mines a fixed beam cheap old fucking thing..but for light painting i wouldnt use one..if it works for you tho :D

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details