real time web analytics
Report - - Leeds Girls' School - Leeds - June 2019 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Leeds Girls' School - Leeds - June 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DustySensorPhotography

28DL Regular User
Regular User
HISTORY:
So John Clark is thought to have been the architect of this incredibly grand school. This part of the school is called Rose Court, and was purchased in 1912 by the High School, and before then it was used as a private house. Rose Court was the infant part of the school and would have taken girls from age 3 to 7.

THE EXPLORE:
From the outside, this place appears very unattractive and I would have passed it thinking it's a total waste of time had I not known what was hidden behind the closed doors.
After a fairly simple but discrete entry we were into the basement which I didn't photograph at all because of the inevitable abundance of asbestos paired with it actually being totally unattractive, especially for photos.
(Joined by @UrbandonedTeam , @xplorer.x and @Korbanter )

This is the main attraction of the whole site. Most other rooms were bare bar a couple, but the peeling paint paired with the grand pillars and stained glass made it a true sight to see. It reminds me actually of the decay featured in Meanwood Hospital with the peeling paint.
IMG_4868-HDR.jpg

The decay was quite prominent in this room with lots of black mould on the ceiling. The architecture around the door frames is amazing and definitely worth taking note of, along side the gold edgings around the room through the door.
IMG_4894-HDR.jpg

Clearly this room has been stripped, but I really liked thje green roof and parallel lights on the ceiling. Unfortunately the photo is not the best, but regardless, bask in the greatness of the room itself! Through the door in front was, oddly, a new extension to the building that looked fairly new as if it was still being worked on.
IMG_4913-HDR.jpg

This is my personal favourite photo from the school, which is looking up the main spiral staircase from the bottom.
IMG_4924-HDR.jpg

Sorry for the lack of photos of this place. There really is very little in it, especially to photograph - although the rooms that you can photograph are very nice with their decay etc.
Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 453) View details