Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Leicester, - the Empire | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Leicester, - the Empire

JaneEyre

The clumsiest explorer in Yorkshire!
28DL Full Member

The Fixer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Have driven past the Empire a few times over the past couple of weeks to see how things are with the site and on Wednesday saw a guy wearing Hi Vis gear taking pictures of the building.
Particular interest seemed to be around the side where the walkway thru to the front is,and later when he had gone I went to see what he was photographing.
It seems a broken window above a ledge might have been used as a entry point as its now boarded up from the inside! and I guess the place is being monitored so tread carefully people:)

JuJu

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Have been keeping an eye on it off and on for ages but not checked it out properly recently. There is a derpy church next door which is in really poor condition. I would like to go for a look through.

dexford97

28DL Member
28DL Member

I live near by, and I would love to take a look inside before it becomes demolished. I need to do a photography project on human presence, so i think this would be perfect. Would also like to have a peak inside the burnt out church next door.

twister

28DL Member
28DL Member
have you had a chance to view the inside of the building?

I would be up for meeting and exploring the building and visiting the church too

Punk

Irregular Member
Regular User
Without permission, I doubt you'll be able to get in. A few times I've looked into getting in here and not only is it sealed but the yocals are keeping an eye on it. But if you wanna attempt it, gimme a shout and we'll attempt it. I like a challenge

dexford97

28DL Member
28DL Member
have you had a chance to view the inside of the building?

I would be up for meeting and exploring the building and visiting the church too

No. I've never gone in the building, even when it was in use.

But I would love to meet up and take a look inside. Especially since they're planning on building a new Lidl there.

]access details removed]

Without permission, I doubt you'll be able to get in. A few times I've looked into getting in here and not only is it sealed but the yocals are keeping an eye on it. But if you wanna attempt it, gimme a shout and we'll attempt it. I like a challenge
Yeah. I'd love to. I'm in the summer holidays right now so, after July, I should have a fair bit of free time.

splodge

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I live near by, and I would love to take a look inside before it becomes demolished. I need to do a photography project on human presence, so i think this would be perfect. Would also like to have a peak inside the burnt out church next door.
Looking at Google maps, the insides of the church since the fire a few years ago appears to be just overgrowing vegetation inside the shell. I wouldn't expect there to be anything worth seeing in there to be honest. The empire on the other hand....

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
For anyone thinking of looking; this has now been demolished!
And it looks the like the derelict church next door has gone with it