real time web analytics
Report - - Leri Mills, Talybont - July 19 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Leri Mills, Talybont - July 19

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbanDoll

28DL Regular User
Regular User
History

Grade II listed mill - Mid C19 woollen factory, part of the extensive Leri or Lerry Mills complex, dated 1858 on water-wheel.
The mill produced Tweed for suit making using both water wheels from the river and workers to power the looms and spinning machinery.

Sadly the mill finally stopped trading in April 1981 and was initially put on the market for £150,000.
A buyer wasn't found and the mill remains in the family that ran it from at least 1950.

Explore

I guess this is kind of an update.
Taken a bit to get my photos edited but finally I've had the time. I know this place has been done a lot but I've been watching it for so long but not managed to drive out as far.
I was finally in the area so gave it a go. It did not disappoint - still looks the same as previous reports.

Unfortunately, a non-member I was with, disturbed a wasps nest resulting in us both being stung before getting into the mill. This resulted in me being in pain and moody so I wasn't as happy with my photos than I should have been!

aIMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1104-HDR.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1108-HDR.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1113-HDR.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1123-HDR.jpg