Web
Analytics
Report - - Les Soeurs du Dieu, Belgium, August 2011 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Les Soeurs du Dieu, Belgium, August 2011



Keitei

Tomb Raider
Regular User
#1
Whilst on a road trip with Existential, 2wid and sx_riffraff we had an early morning visit to this lovely little place.

~ Little bit o history :)
The chapel was build in 1910 and designed by architect Jules Billmeyer.
In 1999 the city decided the chapel could be demolished and the ground were to be given to the Catholic school next to the monastery.
Fortunately in 2005 the Monument Foundation advised the city to keep both chapel and garden.
It was abandoned in 1996.

On with the photos ~ enjoy :)

6079552904_4206f30d14_z.jpg


Twas quite amazed how intact all the glass windows were :thumb
6079538840_f83ef6300c_z.jpg


6079530768_0c84513ace_z.jpg


6078997231_b48187b52f_z.jpg


Random dummy in a coffin on the alter :crazy
6079006011_34fc398bac_z.jpg


6079007295_406734ddb0_z.jpg


6079547918_47a8a37063_z.jpg


6079006705_44d429ca79_z.jpg