real time web analytics
Report - - Letham Grange Golf Course, March 22 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Letham Grange Golf Course, March 22

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Knight Rider

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Letham Grange golf course and club was originally a private mansion that was built sometime in the 1820s. During the late 20th century, the mansion was converted into a hotel and private housing was built on the former estate grounds which at one point had its own train station. In 1987 a golf course was opened. The hotel was bought by a millionaire who has done very little with the place as it closed in 2002 with the golf club eventually having to fold due to dwindling memberships in 2019.
At the back of the building is an ice rink which was home to a curling club.

I made a point of visiting here early to try and avoid security which I had seen other people struggle with. Entry was rushed as I could hear gun shots in the distance from what I assume was a pheasant hunt. Added to the adrenaline though for sure! The place has been gutted of most items of furniture, I have seen a rumour that the security guard is somewhat of a scoundrel and has been selling it all off as the millionaire who owns the place has not returned in around a decade to see how the place is doing or even to try sell it on. That being said! The staircase and portrait on the wall are absolutely stunning and were well worth the journey for that alone! The greenhouse/conservatory was special too. My only regret is that the curling rink at the back has been screwed shut so could only see it through the glass panes in the door.

Incredible place with a bit of a spooky vibe to it too with it feeling quite alone out there! Anyway, hope you enjoy the pics and thanks for reading :)

Ya Boy Croy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What a great find! Would've never guessed this was abandoned from looks at it via maps though! Some nice quality pictures making this a great report, It was an Interesting little read!

Knight Rider

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What a great find! Would've never guessed this was abandoned from looks at it via maps though! Some nice quality pictures making this a great report, It was an Interesting little read!
Had to do some serious scouring of the Internet to find it! Saw a few posts from other forums and knew I had to go haha! Thank you very much :)

Knight Rider

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
Spent an unhealthy amount of time here trying to get into the Ice-skating ring here.

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
That place is mega, great find and report. The 2008 Google Maps capture is well out-of-date!

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Agreed very nice that well documented.
edit, just looked, had the place pinned for ages, its a bit er out the way for me lol

Who has read this thread (Total: 261) View details