real time web analytics
Report - - Lewis' Building/Primark, Manchester - December 2011 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lewis' Building/Primark, Manchester - December 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tweek

SNC/SWC
Regular User
Lewis' Building/Primark Ballroom, Manchester - December 2011

Visited with Bigjobs, fishbrain, Littlejobs and Millhouse

"Littlejobs only does epic"
That was the claim from Bigjobs before the night began... and how true it proved to be.

Some history from Gone's trailblazer of a report...

The Manchester Lewis’ store closed its doors in 1991 leaving only the Liverpool store open, This itself has now ceased selling as of this year. The Liverpool store was first opened in 1856 as a Men/Boys clothing store, 21 years later the Manchester store was also opened.

After the 1996 Manchester bombing in Manchester, space in Lewis's was rented to Marks & Spencer which they moved into in 1999. A few years after this the shop were losing money and in a final attempt to revive itself TK Maxx were invited to trade from the basement floor. The Manchester branch eventually closed in 2001 and is now owned by Primark.

Fishbrain and I were both resigned to doing some stupidly late Christmas shopping, and needless to say our attentions were not solely on our nearest and dearest.

fishbrain:
"Scaff up back of primark, just throwing it out there"

tweek:
"Yep... Saw it before. Dreamed of the ballroom as I past"

Fast forward a few days, and we were meeting up in Manchester City Centre with Bigjobs, Littlejobs and Millhouse. At first, this wasn't going to happen for me. I was bottling it and thinking it was a bit too risky, and as it happened, for a short while I was the only one of us left at the bottom... and with no one to give me a leg up. I thought my night was over! I was now fully prepared to go home, open a can of Carlsberg Export and look at Gone's report with a teary eye of jealous misery.

However, after some resourceful thinking from the other guys, and a helping hand from Millhouse (cheers man, I owe you one)... we were up all up. Not the end of the story, but i'll leave it at that for now ;)

Win.

PrimarkBallroom2.jpg

PrimarkBallroom4.jpg
PrimarkBallroom3.jpg

PrimarkBallroom9.jpg

PrimarkBallroom7.jpg
PrimarkBallroom8.jpg

PrimarkBallroom6.jpg

PrimarkBallroom5.jpg

PrimarkBallroom10.jpg
PrimarkBallroom11.jpg

Thanks for viewing,
tweek

...and massive plaudits to all the lads, it was an amazing night.
:Not Worthy

PrimarkBallroom12.jpg

Last edited: