real time web analytics
Report - - Limehouse abandoned shops – May 2011 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Limehouse abandoned shops – May 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

thecrazyfool

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I don’t know if anyone has visited these abandoned shops in Limehouse, East London, but here are my pictures and brief description of this place.

History:

Limehouse, located in the East End of London, was once part of the London docks. Like most of the East End Docks, its boom time or heyday was during the time of the British Empire where most goods shipped into these docks. Since decolonisation, the area became a shadow of its former self but is now regenerating since the 80s with Canary Wharf and better transport links, although the recent economic crisis are having an impact now as well!

These row of shops I visited are based in shops built in the Victorian age and were in use only recently. I don’t think they were casualties of the credit crunch but probably abandoned at the turn of the millennium.

Exploration:

These are located very close to Limehouse DLR and you could almost walk pass them without noticing and I did for two years on my daily commute to work to Canary Wharf!

I explored this place in early late May 2011. It is located near a busy main road and is close to Limehouse DLR. Several shops are abandoned and there are some machinery in one. Of what is used for I still don’t know! Maybe someone could provide some insight!

1.gif

View attachment 335621

View attachment 335622

View attachment 335623

View attachment 335624

View attachment 335625

View attachment 335626

View attachment 335627

View attachment 335628

View attachment 335629

View attachment 335630