real time web analytics
Report - - Linford Park Nursing Home, Ringwood April 2016 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Linford Park Nursing Home, Ringwood April 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Linford Park Nursing Home was originally built in the 1940s as Linford Park Hospital before, at some point, being converted into a nursing home. In 2010 there was a large immigration services raid which resulted in the arrest of 17 staff members - 12 of them on immigration offences, 1 for theft as well as the four staff who ran the nursing home. It hung on with interim management until 2012 when it closed it's doors for the last time. At the time of the visit the locals were fighting plans to see it converted into a drug rehabilitation centre.

The nursing home is huge, by far the biggest one I have explored. Set over two floors the home sprawls across a large plot of land in a wavy line. It being a former hospital, the architecture was slightly more interesting than the bog standard depressing nursing homes from the 1970s I've seen all over. Once we were safely inside it became immediately apparent that the facility closed down very quickly. Nearly every bedroom was still fully furnished, the kitchen was still stocked with food and the whole building still had electricity. This made getting around the extremely long building a pain, as a lot of the magnetic door locks were still operational but we found ways past them all. Once we got to the main reception an ear-splitting alarm was going off, and apparently had been for some time so we paid it no attention.

This was one of those 'right place, right time' explores. Kids had been getting in and making a mess, and soon after they made such a mess that local residents got totally fed up of it all, permanent security was put in place and the building alarmed. Nowadays it has been converted into something, at least going by the aerial views on Google Maps.

It was a fun explore, I hadn't enjoyed a nursing home so much since Malvernbury back when it was a minter.

26123387722_6d0858cbd5_b.jpg

26149546441_f1e9ffb8c9_b.jpg

26149556951_862a5eacd7_b.jpg

26123533202_2d9e0645ce_b.jpg

26190068376_6e28928257_b.jpg

25613317383_869a7ecd7f_b.jpg

26190049506_e7b58a051f_b.jpg

26149662331_3875093ae8_b.jpg

25611196494_3ea1bfc543_b.jpg

26149648451_620794b886_b.jpg

26215943745_e7f81cf83f_b.jpg

26215941515_40e80edd8e_b.jpg

26215940485_9d154c7255_b.jpg

26215930045_9f9e8d8798_b.jpg

26190005616_c08c0f20ff_b.jpg

25943053730_80238c7bbd_b.jpg

25611157344_f73b864658_b.jpg

26149618521_73527b81b7_b.jpg

25613248343_7e4bc96bd5_b.jpg

26215906485_18885244a0_b.jpg

26149600711_6e773b342f_b.jpg

25613239273_39aeea9e0f_b.jpg

25943020330_604d8198ae_b.jpg

25613221463_dc11d9dd5f_b.jpg

26215856375_1b907b8c3c_b.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Andrew32

See a sticker, remove a sticker
28DL Full Member
I remember this place being the first abandoned place i actually attempted to go to, and i was met by a lovely friendly guard woman and her dog. If you look now, the entire is being converted and worked on. Was within 2 weeks of being able to explore the place :(

UrbanFoxCub

Explore and love the adventure
Banned
Place is still empty second time visiting since 2016 and got caught by police. No work has started here it still sits empty

Andrew32

28DL Full Member
Place is still empty second time visiting since 2016 and got caught by police. No work has started here it still sits empty
That’s confusing, do you know what’s going on with it on google earth? Good to know so I might try this place again...

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User

No, it's quite obviously being renovated and has been undergoing it for some time. An application was lodged in 2016 to clad the building and in actual fact you can see one of the planning requests here which outlines who now owns the site. https://idoxweb.newforestnpa.gov.uk...8EA3/pdf/16_00606-OFFICER_S_REPORT-602292.pdf

liford.jpg

I'm beginning to think that you're one of those people who doesn't know what they are talking about. You seem to have an awful lot to say about an awful lot of locations yet have never put any photos or reports of your own up. At least if you're going to bullshit, make sure you get your facts straight first.

UrbanFoxCub

Banned
I remember this place being the first abandoned place i actually attempted to go to, and i was met by a lovely friendly guard woman and her dog. If you look now, the entire is being converted and worked on. Was within 2 weeks of being able to explore the place :(
It was sat empty for Ages mate.

UrbanFoxCub

Banned
No, it's quite obviously being renovated and has been undergoing it for some time. An application was lodged in 2016 to clad the building and in actual fact you can see one of the planning requests here which outlines who now owns the site. https://idoxweb.newforestnpa.gov.uk...8EA3/pdf/16_00606-OFFICER_S_REPORT-602292.pdf

liford.jpg

I'm beginning to think that you're one of those people who doesn't know what they are talking about. You seem to have an awful lot to say about an awful lot of locations yet have never put any photos or reports of your own up. At least if you're going to bullshit, make sure you get your facts straight first.

www.urbanfoxcuburbex.co.uk

It was a while back pal i never said it was recent i just said it was the second visit since 2016. I have not seen that aerial photo.

I have explore loads in 8 years. As my convo to ojay i stated i have only just joined forums

UrbanFoxCub

Banned

liford.jpg

I have also never seen any aplications as i don't bother checking things like that for sites i have previously done the last i heard from the police officer it was supposed to be am retreat for alcahol / drug rehibilitation

UrbanFoxCub

Banned

liford.jpg

That link says its not avalible mate.

UrbanFoxCub

Banned
I

liford.jpg

I have been pal. I was a non forum member at the time. And was with a mate who knows a chap who has been there and he found the cctv dvr and he played it back and had some other people and some lad called harry on cctv walking around with another chap as he sent hary the footage.

Andrew32

28DL Full Member
Well that escalated quickly. Was trying to find planning permission for ages, although the link doesn’t work i understand what’s going on. The drug rehabilitation centre was trying to get made for years, but the locals were voting against it. Looks like they went ahead after all, nothing more to worry about.

UrbanFoxCub

Banned
Yeah tell me about it.

You say one thing and someone thinks u mean something else.

And eveyone assumes you have not explored and they always say ow you say so much on posts etc etc. I would love them to see my external hdd of all the places i have been to. I shall start putting reports up once i have gone through some of my best explores and edited a few of the pics. (This will take some time as work takes over and i also work from home in evenings) i have a good 300+ indavidual explore folders to go through

It was some time ago my second visit when i went and got caught by police was in the summer last year and it was empty then and still sat disued o have pictures with the exact date on so will find them and put a report up. I can only assume it has been redeveloped done by now then as its been many many months all they did was put a roof on and revamp the inside paint/etc all the power was still there.

Yeah i have been trying to find a planning application but all the links i click point back to the one i said don't work and it still don't all i could find was some appeal letter pdf thats the only link that worked.

Oooh well i am heading down to that area soon as i found something else down near new forest so will try to get a few pictures of linford if i can get near it.

Last edited: