real time web analytics
Littleborough | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Littleborough

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
If you mean Honresfeld House, the care home, last I heard (June) it had guardians living in it and was being developed

Mr Beady

Beards
28DL Full Member
Do you mean the one you can see on the walk round the actual lake? Doesn't seem worth the effort has has been like that for years

Urbanexplorer89

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
it’s the one at lakeside, it over looks the lake.

And yes, I am aware that it’s been like that for years, it was like that when I walked around in ‘08. I just wondered if anyone knew the reason it was derelict. (:

I don’t have any desire to look around the house, I just wondered it’s story.

degenerate

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I once saw this on the Rochdale Uncovered facebook group

"
In 1998 a builder - and owner of the then vacant plot of land stretching down to the shores of the lake, sold it to a couple with the agreement to build them a house to an agreed high quality specification for an agreed cost and to issue an NHBC Buildmark contract. They made staged payments as the work progressed.
The couple trusted NHBC, after all why wouldn't they? It was a trusted organisation, or was it?....

In September 1998 the NHBC certified the house complete and the builder asked for the final payment.
The owners weren't happy though, the quality fell well short of the specification, thick green mould on the floors (the land is known for being a bit swampy), but also bathrooms, kitchen and internal doors had not been installed, the tiling was incomplete, and the fire surrounds had not been installed.
They refused to pay until work had been completed to which the builder agreed. The couple then engaged a clerk of works to authorise the remainder of the final stage payment. The clerk of works advised against payment, saying there were serious defects in the windows, floors, damp-proofing, plumbing, electrical installations and insulation. A water tank was inadequately supported and at risk of falling through the ceiling. Gable end restraints were missing. There was extensive raining in.
They refused to make the final stage payment.

This was just the start of a raging battle between builder, buyers and other parties lasting to this day, it's taken over and dominated their lives."

Urbanexplorer89

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow, thank you for that.

So, it's been derelict for quite a while?

I saw it once in '08 and got excited by it. Then I went past recently and saw that it was in the same condition.

It's such a waste, as it's on a lovely street and looks like it could be a lovely home. /: