real time web analytics
Report - - Lluesty Hospital, Holywell - August 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lluesty Hospital, Holywell - August 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
I can't find much history about this place other then whats below, It is a moderately small hospital with the main building being 3 folks high, most of the windows are boarded up so it is pretty dark inside apart from the odd bit of light bursting in. The hospital is made up of 3 main developments, the original workhouse is the oldest part of the site with some extensions that were added on in the 70's. The hospital also has its own chapel located at the west end of the main building.

Built 1838-40 as a workhouse, for the Union of 14 parishes, by John Welch, architect of St Asaph and Surveyor to the Guardians; builder Thomas Hughes of Liverpool and contracter Samuel Parry. May have been alterations in 1869.Enlarged to right in 1902. Some modern extensions in conversion to hospital use. Standard workhouse grid plan with separate courtyards for men and women; transverse and spinal ranges with linking central octagon.

IMG_7355.JPG

[1]

IMG_7366.JPG

[2]

IMG_7198.JPG

[3]

IMG_7208.JPG

[4]

IMG_7218.JPG

[5]

IMG_7220.JPG

[6]

IMG_7232.JPG

[7]

IMG_7235.JPG

[8]
IMG_7244.JPG

[9]

IMG_7253.JPG

[10]

IMG_7254.JPG

[11]

IMG_7292.JPG

[12]

IMG_7281.JPG

[13]

IMG_7275.JPG

[14]

IMG_7325.JPG

[15]

IMG_7278.JPG

[16]​

Cheers For Looking.

Obsidian

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I love this report - has some gimp thrown hypodermic needles all over the floor there?

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Wow that looks much much much better from the outside :(

Nice work all the same... mmmmm, skag!

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
was in here the other week and did,nt find that boiler room ! though we did get to the top floors on main buildings at front , brill pics by the way gronk

Ratboy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
was in here the other week and did,nt find that boiler room ! though we did get to the top floors on main buildings at front , brill pics by the way gronk
My favourite thing in there was the cool old lift motor up in the roof

DanMarrio

28DL Member
28DL Member
I've heard that, since from 2009, they upped the ante on security in that place, with on-site officers and CCTV. Did you have any trouble with this?

Ratboy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've heard that, since from 2009, they upped the ante on security in that place, with on-site officers and CCTV. Did you have any trouble with this?
We saw 2 caravans on site that could of been security at some point.1 smashed to bits and the other burnt yo the ground.neither looked like they been in use for a long time