real time web analytics
Report - - Locarno dance hall, Swindon, Wilts | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Locarno dance hall, Swindon, Wilts

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Killerkelly03

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
hi there,
Was lucky enough to visit a couple of sites today, one of them being the Locarno dance hall in Swindon.
Best time to visit (in my opinion!) would be on a Sunday eve, during the day it is difficult (possible but risky) to sneak inside.
I know there's info on this site already regarding history etc of the hall, being a nooby here I'm not sure whether to repost! (Sorry!)
I took a few pics, was on my own so didn't venture in too far but from what I can see there is definitely some parts I have missed and plan to go back soon. Access is easy, the fence put up isn't secured at all and looks pretty half hearted.
Here are a few pics....
My favourite part of the trip was seeing all the old tickets for the dance hall as well as bingo tickets and paperwork lying about upstairs, added a certain something :)
Apologies for pic quality, taken with iPhone camera.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Killerkelly03

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There was a surprising amount of paperwork, tickets, bingo cards etc scattered around upstairs!
Thanks for advice re: research - I'll know for next time :) !!

Killerkelly03

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah good find, any more photos of the paperwork and whatnot? I'm quite into stuff like that...

It's awesome isn't it :)
Got no more photos but plan to go up again with friends in the next few days so will take lots more!

Zerotonine

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have it on good authority that there is access to the Old Town Tunnels through what is left of the Locarno. If anyone was completely nuts it could be worth an explore.

Killerkelly03

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just be wary of the state of the place, it's collapsing! Hard hats at the ready guys and gals.... Lol!