real time web analytics
Report - - Locarno Works, Tipton, Midlands | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Locarno Works, Tipton, Midlands

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Lehmann

Rook
28DL Full Member
Being a member of the page for a while now, I figured it was probably time to sit down and type up a report on at least one of my explores. In April, myself and a group of mates/ explorers headed out to an abandoned factory in Tipton. We are still unsure of what the factory was used for however our educated guesses are drop-forging due to the equipment that is still lying around inside. Couldn't find the location on the web either so there won't be a whole lot of background to this report, it's more just a quick one to get myself finally on the forum.

The place is big. Seriously. Definitely my biggest explore to date, albeit I am planning trips to Newsham Hospital and Denbigh Asylum this coming summer. It's also empty, for the most part. There isn't a lot of things to see, but the place does have an incredible atmosphere. You can imagine what the place must have been like when it was a hive of activity. The new factory is next door, which is still in daily use, and the majority of the workforce is women (interestingly, breaking stereotypes due to the generic nature of factory workers). Parts of the factory still contain asbestos so if anybody does plan to go here, be careful. We all had respirators so naturally of course not an issue. Especially upstairs the floors also feel very unsteady in half of the building, so be careful with there too.

Approaching the place, access is surprisingly easy. A road leads straight to the plant, no gates were closed when we arrived. We quickly drove past before leaving the car a few streets down and walking back, onto the site. There are guard dogs also onsite if warnings are to be believed, but in the hopes of some help with them, we also had some tennis balls as distractions (never used any). The door was a simple disconnected, push to enter style fire escape. Once through, you're in.

_DSC0371.jpg
_DSC0425.jpg

On entry, you are greeted by a long warehouse hallway, full of skylights. The place is completely overgrown. Vats line the back of the room and the rigging for an old overhead crane is still visible in the building. To the left is a large partial wall that leads into the next room and the right is a continuation of the same room with toilets, showers and a control block.
Through left is a set of stairs to above, with a communal kitchen and rows of shelves, all destroyed. On the opposite corner, there is another upstairs, to a living area and offices.

_DSC2337.jpg
Mainframe.jpg
Unhygenic.jpg
Story of the Stairs.jpg

The place, as mentioned, was pretty empty, but we managed to spend the best part of a day here. That said, being very cautious due to the active site still neighbouring, knowing security was present.

I know this was a pretty short report, I'll try and flesh them out a little more in the future, but I felt it was high time to get something on here.
Cheers for reading all, hope you enjoyed the photos and the reading.

_DSC2329.jpg
_DSC2251.jpg

_DSC2179.jpg

_DSC2263.jpg

_DSC2271.jpg

Dentists Chair.jpg

Don't Go Down.jpg

Doorway to Derelict.jpg

Looking Down.jpg

Missing a Toilet.jpg

Obscenity.jpg

Off Limits.jpg

Out of Order.jpg

Should I Go In.jpg

Lehmann

Rook
28DL Full Member
nice report looks ok this. On the first shot is that someone or a dummy in the background in hi vis. No name of the factory at all ??

Cheers mate! One of my overly safety conscious friends but we persuaded him to take it off haha. Bit of piss take always does the trick!

Lehmann

Rook
28DL Full Member
I really like that and your pictures are well done. You shouldn't waste your time with Denbigh, there as so many better places.

Thanks! I need to find some places that are a little more local. Yeah, I had heard Denbigh was a waste of time, there was a mental hospital in my town however it was demoed a few years ago. Shame I wasn't into the urban ex scene back then, I did go in just to be a rebel with my friends but like typical teenagers fled at the sight of some blue flashing lights. Pretty cool place though, big shame it's gone.

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just looking at this on Google earth and noticed a masive what looks like derelict factory on Sedgley Rd West…any idea what it might be ??

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just looking at this on Google earth and noticed a masive what looks like derelict factory on Sedgley Rd West…any idea what it might be ??
Nah well all I know is they’re is a big factory that’s abandoned on Locarno road and that’s it