Web
Analytics
london based hobby photographer looking for interesting sites. | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

london based hobby photographer looking for interesting sites.

lordomega

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey Everyone,

Essentially pasting the title again, but I'm a London based hobby photographer looking to find pockets of urban decay.

I've explored a number of construction sites around London before with friends, as well as more recently an abandoned leisure centre I found in Lewisham close to a churchyard

Appreciate you lot aren't too fond of photographers (or moreso youtubers), but rest assure I'm all for the exploration!

I've pasted some images of this leisure centre in Lewisham for validity :)

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

chills

Queller of the uprising
Regular User
Hey Everyone,

Essentially pasting the title again, but I'm a London based hobby photographer looking to find pockets of urban decay.

I've explored a number of construction sites around London before with friends, as well as more recently an abandoned leisure centre I found in Lewisham close to a churchyard

Appreciate you lot aren't too fond of photographers (or moreso youtubers), but rest assure I'm all for the exploration!

I've pasted some images of this leisure centre in Lewisham for validity :)

Cheers.

View attachment 935198

View attachment 935199

View attachment 935200
Welcome to the site!

I’ve edited your post to include your photos as they were not showing, you just need to make sure you press insert all when uploading images.

I’m also unsure where you’ve heard the site doesn’t appreciate photographers and photography as that’s what the site is based around? It’s more where and how it’s posted, hence why members will be dubious to open up about locations.

Have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

And have a read of this guide to help you posting a report should you wish to:

There’s tonnes out there, best thing you can do is use the search box to your aid and you may even find something in your area!

I look forward to seeing some pictures and reports soon! Just shout if you have any questions!

Kae

28DL Member
28DL Member
Get (re)searching. There's so many search tools at your disposal...
Do you have any specifics on this? More specifically, how do you know where to look? London seems like a really difficult place to do urbex of any kind but idk. Maybe I'm not just looking hard enough?

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Do you have any specifics on this? More specifically, how do you know where to look? London seems like a really difficult place to do urbex of any kind but idk. Maybe I'm not just looking hard enough?
London is more difficult, agreed. From Google.maps you can spot stuff from above that looks abandoned then follow up via Streetview. See where other people have been going too. Picture searching "area of London" you are looking into and "abandoned" and "derelict" should turn up stuff. I'd say looking at old OS maps at National Library of Scotland but things will have changed so drastically in London.

Kae

28DL Member
28DL Member
London is more difficult, agreed. From Google.maps you can spot stuff from above that looks abandoned then follow up via Streetview. See where other people have been going too. Picture searching "area of London" you are looking into and "abandoned" and "derelict" should turn up stuff. I'd say looking at old OS maps at National Library of Scotland but things will have changed so drastically in London.
Ah suffering. Thank you though, I'll defo start looking there. Maybe I'll see some discrepancies between the maps and locations that I often see when around london. Or better yet, renovation projects that never went anywhere - god knows there's a lot of those.
Next place for me to research would be areas in Surrey & such, I know for a fact that there's a lot of run-down areas here.