real time web analytics
Question - - London Photo question | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - London Photo question

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jack nico

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Folks
Me and another photographer will tonight be climbing a building which is currently under construction as it has the most amazing view on the top of London and we both want to photograph it whilst also having a bit of fun. The issue is the only entrance/exit point is extremely public. We have been looking for weeks for alternative routes in however this is the only route in that we have managed to find. What I'm asking is your thoughts on weather we should pursue this or not, I am aware that trespassing is a grey patch in the law and we don't damage anything upon entry which doesn't criminalize us. Just wondering if we should go through with this climb tonight seeing as it is on a very busy road with lots of people, do you think if we do it quickly, hop and go anyone would care? Or phone the police? I know how to deal with the police however I've never had to deal with them before and I would rather not deal with them. Thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
J

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Give it a go. If you hear police sirens just bail out (always easier getting out than in) on the other site of the site and leg it.

jack nico

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went for it, by the 10th floor me and my friend hear sirens, we poke our heads out the window and there are 2 police cards and a loads of police taking pics of us. SHIT. So we deiced maybe we can sneak out the ground floor out the back, so we rush down and head out to the ground floor where two security guards spot us. Of course we give ourselves up, explain the whole trespassing, civil crime etc. they let us go about 3 hours later without any charges/warnings. Yay, we didnt get any fines etc, but we didnt get out photos :( just a frustrating evening.....

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Went for it, by the 10th floor me and my friend hear sirens, we poke our heads out the window and there are 2 police cards and a loads of police taking pics of us. SHIT. So we deiced maybe we can sneak out the ground floor out the back, so we rush down and head out to the ground floor where two security guards spot us. Of course we give ourselves up, explain the whole trespassing, civil crime etc. they let us go about 3 hours later without any charges/warnings. Yay, we didnt get any fines etc, but we didnt get out photos :( just a frustrating evening.....

That's how it goes mate, glad you didn't get shafted.

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
If you were already 10 floors up you should have just carried on and said you didn't think the sirens were for you. Worked for us in the past.

However, you posted this thread at 4.30 in the afternoon, and were back here at 10pm after it went south and were held for 3 hours. Good effort for trying, but trying shit like this in London in daylight is asking for trouble.

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details