Web
Analytics
Report - - London Road Deep Shelter, Portsmouth, May 10 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - London Road Deep Shelter, Portsmouth, May 10

Ryno118

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Explored with UrbanCreed.

Been wishing to explore this site for ages and did a lot of research on it a while back but was informed it was closed a long time ago. So when I found out it was open, I was already to go and wasted no time going over there. This was my first explore with my new camera so did a lot of playing around to see what results I could get.

This bunker was build at the start of WW2 to hold 2,535 people, Although it could hold double that if needed. And was closed in 1945.
london_road_shelter_plan.gif

A = Western escape route
B = Main entrance. This was concrete lined up to the blast wall, the only concrete lining in the whole shelter - now totally buried
C = Eastern escape route
D = Blast wall built of brick
E = Shelter wardens office
F = Canteen
G = First aid post
H = Toilets
J = Ventilation / rescue shafts
K = Emergency generator room

From http://www.portsdown-tunnels.org.uk

On to my photos.

Part of the access from the inside
DPP_0001.jpg