real time web analytics
Information - - London Road Tunnels! | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - London Road Tunnels!

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

JohnUrbExp

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi guys,

After A LOT of research me and my friend found a way in to the infamous London Road tunnels (WW2 tunnels backfilled about 79 years ago that housed up to 4,000 people in in the war)

They are deep in the cliffs of Portsdown Hill and we were wondering if there are any of you guys out there who would want to come along and do a report? It’s a compete one off explore, so wanted to ask and see if anyone is interested!

Because the tunnels were backfilled at the end of the war there is A LOT of memorabilia left behind and people’s belongings from that era! Will be awesome!

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sounds good but why a one off ? You going to fill it in again. Bit far for me but I hope someone goes.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Also -

Infamous
adjective

1. well known for some bad quality or deed.
    "an infamous war criminal"
    synonyms:notorious, disreputable, ill-famed, of ill-repute;
What did the tunnel do?

JohnUrbExp

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Also -

Infamous
adjective

1. well known for some bad quality or deed.
    "an infamous war criminal"
    synonyms:notorious, disreputable, ill-famed, of ill-repute;
What did the tunnel do?
Yeah absolutely terrible use of words there, but the tunnels did allegedly assault a child with a crowbar in 1944.

JohnUrbExp

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sounds good but why a one off ? You going to fill it in again. Bit far for me but I hope someone goes.
It will be a one off, because it's a pain in the arse to get too, it's literally on someone's doorstep and needs to be done at night ideally.

JohnUrbExp

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You do know they have been widely visited over the years and documented on this site?In fact not that long ago the world and his dog visited with a bus full of their friends
Yeah I'm fully aware, but absolutely no one wants to tell anyone where they are, but we have found them and want to take some other people along, it will be an awesome explore nonetheless!

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Yeah I'm fully aware, but absolutely no one wants to tell anyone where they are, but we have found them and want to take some other people along, it will be an awesome explore nonetheless!

There are official plans,overlays doen against the plans onto google maps,there are a tonne of history on the place which tells you where they are,it really is very well known mate,people don't need to tell you ,it's all there on the internet

JohnUrbExp

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There are official plans,overlays doen against the plans onto google maps,there are a tonne of history on the place which tells you where they are,it really is very well known mate,people don't need to tell you ,it's all there on the internet
Having seen those plans/overlays and having been to the site I can tell you for fact that the 'entrances' on the plans are most certainly filled in with concrete and inaccessible. You way in requires fitting through a small passageway tighter than a fishes arsehole, but thanks for your input.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Having seen those plans/overlays and having been to the site I can tell you for fact that the 'entrances' on the plans are most certainly filled in with concrete and inaccessible. You way in requires fitting through a small passageway tighter than a fishes arsehole, but thanks for your input.

Im well aware of how you get in mate ,thanks fro the input though.

JohnUrbExp

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Im well aware of how you get in mate ,thanks fro the input though.
Take your negative unhelpful comments off my thread, you're just a prick looking for an argument. I've looked at your previous posts and you do this quite often on peoples threads. Your comments are no longer wanted.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Take your negative unhelpful comments off my thread, you're just a prick looking for an argument. I've looked at your previous posts and you do this quite often on peoples threads. Your comments are no longer wanted.

Grow up mate,my comment intitally where about you saying no one would tell you anything about the place,there is no big mystery ,all the info you need to find it is online and the rest you work out when you get there,its called exploring

JohnUrbExp

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Grow up mate,my comment intitally where about you saying no one would tell you anything about the place,there is no big mystery ,all the info you need to find it is online and the rest you work out when you get there,its called exploring
Yeah nice one pal, do one.

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
John - I think you are the one who needs to calm down and re-read what Wevsky has been saying to you.

You post this thread, which could in some circumstances be seen as clickbait, claiming to have found the epic, but all you really have is the possibility to visit a place that many people have visited previously, its nothing special really.

Nothing that Wevsky has said is in any way wrong, he has been a valued member on this site and has helped out many people over the years, wonder if the same can be said of you, if you last 8 years.

JohnUrbExp

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
John - I think you are the one who needs to calm down and re-read what Wevsky has been saying to you.

You post this thread, which could in some circumstances be seen as clickbait, claiming to have found the epic, but all you really have is the possibility to visit a place that many people have visited previously, its nothing special really.

Nothing that Wevsky has said is in any way wrong, he has been a valued member on this site and has helped out many people over the years, wonder if the same can be said of you, if you last 8 years.
I have read what he has said to me and he is just being negative. Apologies for being new and excited about something, I'll just kerb my enthusiasm next time.