real time web analytics
Report - - Longworth roc post, Oxfordshire - sept 2019 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Longworth roc post, Oxfordshire - sept 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Pommer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is the second roc post iv visited that is open.

History (wiki)
Royal Observer Corps Monitoring Posts are underground structures all over the United Kingdom, constructed as a result of the Corps' nuclear reporting role and operated by volunteers during the Cold War between 1955 and 1991.

Explore
Easy to locate after a short walk across a field. No hatch and was very damp and has been burnt out.

DarkSin19

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Have been to this location it's a great Post indeed, shame about someone setting fire to it.
Would have been great to see it unscathed.

There's also an interesting Type 28 WW2 Pillbox, right next to this ROC Post.
Not your average Type 28, it's a clean modified one with a hatch at the entrance door. Two windows to the right of the entrance, have been blown to pieces with Tank shells used as a target. Definitely worth checking out :thumb

Last edited:

Pommer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Have been to this location it's a great Post indeed, shame about someone setting fire to it.
Would have been great to see it unscathed.

There's also an interesting Type 28 WW2 Pillbox, right next to this ROC Post.
Not your average Type 28, it's a clean modified one with a hatch at the entrance door. Two windows to the right of the entrance, have been blown to pieces with Tank shells used as a target. Definitely worth checking out :thumb
We did find the pillbox, I was going to put up some photos of it but they all turned out blurry unfortunately

DarkSin19

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We did find the pillbox, I was going to put up some photos of it but they all turned out blurry unfortunately

Shame they turned out blurry, that Pillbox is pretty unique compared to a few others I've visited. Have a few photo's of the Pillbox at this ROC Post mainly of the interior. Guessing it's still overgrown with stinging nettles

Who has read this thread (Total: 156) View details