Web
Analytics
Report - - Lonsdale House - Rutland College, Oakham, Apr13 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Lonsdale House - Rutland College, Oakham, Apr13

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
My first explore for a while, as I’ve been away. Here is the first of 2 sites visited that day. Not sure its bee done on 28DL.

The Rutland college itself closed in September 2012, after relocating to a new site. It was a sixth form college mostly for A levels, for students aged 16-19. Lonsdale House was the halls of residence for students at the college, which closed several years previously. Rumour has it the site has been sold to a supermarket.

Sadly its been hit by firebugs, but refreshingly didn’t see any graffiti.
Apologies for the lack of external shots, but tragically my camera battery died, as I obviously hadn’t charged it enough after my trip. And I didn’t bring a spare battery, school boy error! :banghead

Explore with King Mongoose

IMG_3539.jpg

IMG_3540.jpg

IMG_3542.jpg

IMG_3551.jpg

IMG_3553.jpg

IMG_3555.jpg

IMG_3559.jpg

IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3564.jpg

the cellar
IMG_3565.jpg