real time web analytics
Looking back at West Park Mental Hospital (2008 - 2011) | Noteworthy Reports | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Looking back at West Park Mental Hospital (2008 - 2011)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Cheers mate, I know the placed got rinsed and visited by every Tom, Dick and Harry, but I enjoyed it there and every trip was a laugh!

I loved every minute I spent in there, after doing Hellingly as my first ever explore it was my numerous visits to West Park that really got the ball rolling for me as far as exploring went as I met so many people on my various visits there. I'd do anything to have another day there.

As an aside did you find the weird wooden room under some stairs in the main stores area with the wall and ceiling covered in old magazine cuttings and motorbike photos?

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
I loved every minute I spent in there, after doing Hellingly as my first ever explore it was my numerous visits to West Park that really got the ball rolling for me as far as exploring went as I met so many people on my various visits there. I'd do anything to have another day there.

As an aside did you find the weird wooden room under some stairs in the main stores area with the wall and ceiling covered in old magazine cuttings and motorbike photos?

Me too, or a time machine to go back to a few of the other ones I only visited once lol. Not sure I saw that room, I didn't go under the stairs!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Me too, or a time machine to go back to a few of the other ones I only visited once lol. Not sure I saw that room, I didn't go under the stairs!

This room, looking at the second one closely it looks like it was actually attached to the bakery - excuse the rubbish photos, taken on a 3.4mp Fujifilm point 'n' shoot back in the day!

DSCF6301.JPG

DSCF6302.JPG

NursePayne

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It amazes me how many layers that place had hidden lovely to see historical photos of how it looked before decay. I don’t remember seeing the mosaics either were they by the chapel?

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
It amazes me how many layers that place had hidden lovely to see historical photos of how it looked before decay. I don’t remember seeing the mosaics either were they by the chapel?

Agreed - the nature of the security meant that for the most part, a lot stayed hidden from sight until open season!

The mosaic was at the back of the laundry block. I think it got rescued early on though as I only ever saw it once

Toodlecat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wouldn't like to spend the night there, very eerie place by the looks of it, amazing report though :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 688) View details