Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Looking for fellow explorers in and around Dorset | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Looking for fellow explorers in and around Dorset

Ganji

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello. I'm looking for fellow urban explorers around the Dorset / Devon area. I have been to quite a few places including Dairy Crest and Holton Heath.

Evilgenius

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
How do, Dorset heathen here!

Not much left at Holton heath now and think they are starting to clear it a bit now, few more places about if you have a search!

fishywishy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Bournemouth here. Did anyone manage to have a look at Christchurch police station? Went last Wednesday after seeing the article in the Echo about the windows getting smashed, to see the point where I would've gone in on the front had been boarded up, found a point at the back but didn't have enough rope or light, went back yesterday w the appropriate kit only to find the whole place boarded up. Really quite pissed off about that because I would've gone much earlier, but invited a friend, so waited for a day he could do only for him to flake on the day :wanker:banghead I got some photos of the spots I could access but even w/tripod my camera doesn't deal well with low light, and there's not much to see in the yard area.

Thumper

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Poole/Bournemouth border here. Christchurch police station wasn't that amazing anyway, imo you didn't miss much, just a load of empty rooms smashed up with graffiti. Holton Heath is being torn down, drove past Sunday and the large block by the main road is totally gone, 3 of the smaller buildings where the labs are have gone, there's now reptile conserevation fencing up for the labs so I think that's why demo has halted there. One of the Rosina Nurseries houses was burnt down last month, Belvedere is gone, the pub by Canford Heath is gone, Cliff End hotel is being demo'd, the old rehab house was burnt down and under demo, Wessex hotel was demo'd almost overnight, Lyndhurst Park hotel is a wreck and now fort knox, Cattistock Lodge is a damp derp wreck, Moredon Mill is being auctioned off in 2 weeks time... the list goes on! Dorset is pretty rubbish for it. Tonedale Mills in Wellington is probably the best explore I've had in this area... ok not quite in this area but that's what you have to do being here, leave and explore elsewhere! The only heads up I have lately is the old candle factory in Christchurch, looked once and couldn't find a way in so must revisit.

urbandorset

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm confused, Holton Heath is still all there, albeit completely trashed of course. I drove past today, nothing demolished quite yet.

Thumper

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The entire long block is levelled by the roadside, I drive past every day for work! The labs, as I said 3 smaller buildings are gone ns the small hut in the outside of the fence gone but demo halted due to reptile conservation, the remainder on the police site side, a lot has been demo'd and rebuilt on, some remains and of course the vast majority remains around the underground tanks although lately a track has been cut through with vehicles going in. Holton Heath is massive, it's not just 1 bit.

urbandorset

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes, I know the site quite well.

I'm baffled as I drove past yesterday and none of the labs (the bits that are viewable from the road, at least) have gone. Maybe we're talking about a different part?

Also, I don't know where there is a hut outside the fence?

urbandorset

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've just had a thought, Thumper, do you mean the old antiques buildings on the main road? They've been demolished.

Thumper

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes the old antiques building, it was originally part of Holton Heath so I include it, plus in the trees a few yards behind it is the 2 larger buildings and walk far enough and you get to the tanks from there too.

Drive down the lane towards the labs. They're on your right. The far end, in the corner that small building has gone, the one opposite has gone.

Park where the dog walkers go and walk the path back towards the labs. Come to the fencing and follow it left, then turn right so the labs are on your right. About halfway up there was a small building outside the fence, that's gone.

urbandorset

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes the old antiques building, it was originally part of Holton Heath so I include it, plus in the trees a few yards behind it is the 2 larger buildings and walk far enough and you get to the tanks from there too.

Drive down the lane towards the labs. They're on your right. The far end, in the corner that small building has gone, the one opposite has gone.

Park where the dog walkers go and walk the path back towards the labs. Come to the fencing and follow it left, then turn right so the labs are on your right. About halfway up there was a small building outside the fence, that's gone.
Yes, I know the building you mean outside the fence now, it was almost like a garage inside. There was another building too, to the left of that building and further out on the heath, but that one got flattened too.

Nothing has been demolished in the fenced in part Labs part yet, I just asked the guy who is overseeing it. He said it's because all of conditions in the planning application have not yet been met. Maybe the buildings you mean have just fallen down.