real time web analytics
Report - - Lostock Power Station (Feb 2020) | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lostock Power Station (Feb 2020)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jones-y-gog

Putting the fun in dysfunctional
Regular User
I was very late to the party on this, in fact the demolition process was (eventually) just starting. I thought I could probably lay claim on being the last one to explore this wonderful old coal-fired monolith, unused since 2000. But then a pandemic happened and I guess demolition may have been delayed, but not entirely sure. When it does happen it will be replaced by a Sustainable Energy Plant. This is taken from one of the companies setting up the new phase -

"The Lostock energy from waste plant will ... divert 600,000 tonnes of residual waste from landfill and generate enough non-intermittent renewable electricity to power in the region of 125,000 homes consistently. This will offset more than 200,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions per year."

Sounds pretty good! This has been a large industrial site for a long time (it has its own memorial to workers who fell in both world wars) so this should secure the long term future of the site.

^^This is the classic view of the turbine hall, however I also liked the view looking the other way too -

A connecting corridor leads to the other part of the site

Finally a pigeons eye view from the high gantry - the angle is slightly off but I was bricking it a bit!

Attachments

• IMG_7686_7_8_tonemapped.jpg
    IMG_7686_7_8_tonemapped.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7722_3_4_tonemapped.jpg
    IMG_7722_3_4_tonemapped.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 31

jtza

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Finally a pigeons eye view from the high gantry - the angle is slightly off but I was bricking it a bit!
Had the same issue with this shot being off centre. Didn't fancy shuffling any further along that gantry than I had to. Nice report! :)

jones-y-gog

Regular User
Had the same issue with this shot being off centre. Didn't fancy shuffling any further along that gantry than I had to. Nice report! :)
Haha that made me chuckle, sounds like we got to exactly the same spot!

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Fantastic set there. Very good angles and the processing spot on, gives a real feel of the place. Dusty, faded colours, and that grey interior you'd expect in a place like this. Enjoyed this more than I thought I would, as you started off with" being late to the party". Not too late it seems :thumb

jones-y-gog

Regular User
Fantastic set there. Very good angles and the processing spot on, gives a real feel of the place. Dusty, faded colours, and that grey interior you'd expect in a place like this. Enjoyed this more than I thought I would, as you started off with" being late to the party". Not too late it seems :thumb
Some of the photos look totally overcooked to me. It's a really tough place to get decent shots so I can understand the desire to HDR but several took me straight back to 2010.. :p
Appreciate you taking the time to give feedback

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Ah the one that didnt go to plan when we went, how we laughed..

Nice to see some up to date pics of the old place, processing, well its not too much for the old eyes.. Nice work

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 271) View details