real time web analytics
Report - - Lostock Power Station, Northwich - April 2016 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lostock Power Station, Northwich - April 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

cjade_

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not got much history on the place, sorry guys. Decommissioned in 2000 due to new plant being built in Winnington, and is due to be flattened to make way for a new energy plant.

Visited at night with a group of 5, inc. myself. Once you're in its incredibly easy to get around the building. Everywhere is fairly safe, apart from the top floor where access to the roof is possible. It was rusted and weak, and when I tried to walk across my foot went through the metal, causing bits to fall down onto the many floors below which was absolutely terrifying:eek:In the end, 3 of us stuck to the support beam route and got to the ladder and went onto the roof, which had an amazing view of the live ICI site. We found the control room which was awesome, this was where we had the most fun, checking out all the old keys and PA systems, etc. We had been in there for a while and had explores about half of the building when we decided to make a move. This was one of the first larger places I've been to, and definitely won't be the last.;)

Here's all the images I took at the site (hopefully they work!) Sorry they aren't that great, I just hope you enjoy checking them out!:thumb
image9e9d2.jpg

The only picture I got of the live site;

image27cd1.jpg

imagecce5f.jpg

image6379d.jpg

image3f75d.jpg

image1cedf.jpg

image1f174.jpg

image78d1d.jpg

image5fd1d.jpg

imagec8685.jpg

image90b08.jpg

image65eb8.jpg

imageddf2f.jpg

imagebaa99.jpg

image2e0e3.jpg

Last edited:

cjade_

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Pics don't seem to be showing on the report, just links to them :(
Yeah I couldn't get them to work on here :( if you click on the links (I know it's hassle, imagine the effort of copying and pasting them all:banghead) they come up on another picture site :))

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Click on the Embed codes, copy the Image URL, click on the icon that looks like a mountain with a sun in the top left corner, paste the URL into the subsequent box, click ok and your picture will be displayed.

cjade_

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Click on the Embed codes, copy the Image URL, click on the icon that looks like a mountain with a sun in the top left corner, paste the URL into the subsequent box, click ok and your picture will be displayed.
When I tried that, it just left me with a small box saying "IMG" inside it, not an image :(

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome :) sorry they aren't too great, forgot to take my camera so they're just phone pics :(
Not that bad mate, its really dark in there isnt it so must be tricky with a phone camera.. well done on getting in anyway :)

cjade_

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not that bad mate, its really dark in there isnt it so must be tricky with a phone camera.. well done on getting in anyway :)
Yeah it was pitch lack, we tried not to use flashlights either to avoid getting caught so, risked the flash on my phone for a few of the pics anyway, was all worth it. And thanks, getting in wasn't too difficult to be fair, we got a lucky night of no security patrols though :) Tried to go today in daylight to get some camera pics and had to run from some security vans :banghead

350cewild

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Amazing photos! Thanks for posting I've only just started exploring again, did when I was really young. As being local and go walking down there, seeing the security hut, fences, canal I have no idea how people get in :)

cjade_

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Amazing photos! Thanks for posting I've only just started exploring again, did when I was really young. As being local and go walking down there, seeing the security hut, fences, canal I have no idea how people get in :)
Thank you!! :pAt first neither did I but we all went and it was fairly easy, just have to try and sneakily search for ways without getting caught ;) was a lucky night avoiding sight of the security hut though:thumb

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Not entirley sure how you've managed to enter a power station and photograph hardly anything that's power station related...?

Still - 'Well done for getting out there'