real time web analytics
Report - - Lostock Power Station - November 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lostock Power Station - November 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
I never did get to do this place back in 2011/12 when it seemed to be flavour of the month, since then duff info about the turbines having been taken out and other priorities meant it slipped completely off my radar, and as far as i know nobody has bothered with it or at least done a report from here in a good few years.
Anyway me and @sammydoublewhammy had chatted about it a while ago, then @Seffy excellent Northern Carnage report showed one pic from the turbine hall so we thought we should finally go take a look, It's a fairly old one to some but at least this might put it back on the map for newer members, it seems to be in exactly the same state it was years ago, definitely still worth a visit.

Decommissioned in 2000, there have been plans proposed to turn it into some kind of incineration plant at one time but nothing has happened.

lost29.jpg

lost11.jpg

lost8.jpg

lost7.jpg

lost10.jpg

lost6.jpg

lost5.jpg

lost14.jpg
lost12.jpg

lost25.jpg
lost26.jpg

lost15.jpg

lost2.jpg

lost3.jpg

lost1.jpg

lost23.jpg

lost20.jpg

lost4.jpg

lost24.jpg

lost13.jpg
lost28.jpg

lost17.jpg

lost18.jpg
lost19.jpg

lost16.jpg

Last edited:

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Cheers Mr B, still steam every now and then Speed but yeah not like seen in some of the old reports.

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
Ha ha ha, me and a few others got caught here a few years back, never been back for another look. Top job in getting in, nice to see it again. :-)

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Another stunning set mate…i too was told the turbines were gone, just goes to show.

Seffy

Staff member
Proper decent set that mate, better than any that I took! Nice one.

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
As Clebby said, it looks a little less misty then it used to... still a beaut after all those years!