real time web analytics
Report - - Lots Road Power Station, Chelsea - February 2024 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lots Road Power Station, Chelsea - February 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ValorosulGigel

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi guys, after looking for new locations to hit we settled with the Lots Road Power Station.

This site had a lot more to offer than we expected!

The history:​

Lots Road Power Station is a disused coal and later oil-fired and later gas-fired power station on the River Thames at Lots Road in Chelsea, London in the south-west of the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, which supplied electricity to the London Underground system. It is sometimes erroneously referred to as Fulham Power Station, a name properly applied to another former station a mile south-west along the Tideway.

At the time it was claimed to be the largest power station ever built, and it eventually powered most of the railways and tramways in the Underground Group.

The station was re-equipped and improved several times. During the early 1920s a sump and hopper system for more efficient fuel handling was installed. It was designed by The Underfeed Stoker Company and constructed under their stewardship by Peter Lind & Company, who still trade in London today.

Now the power station is being rebuild into a modern housing complex, fitted with luxury apartments inside of a old power station.

How cool is that right?

The Exploration:

We had managed to find a way inside the construction site, and found a way inside of the building.

We walked past some open doors where the workers leave their stuff.
The door was previously closed last time we checked, so we knew we weren’t alone.

Anyways, we ended up inside the heart of the power station…
20FE099B-8F45-499B-A7F3-2717D0CCA7E7.jpeg

BA2C9E49-8AD5-4EBB-92E5-4AD3FDCCBC5F.jpeg

We found the stairs leading up to the upper floors and apartments, our goal was to reach the roof.

Here is some pictures of the apartments:
0E31A755-2083-4532-BA9A-F8AB2622A1A9.jpeg

7F7A027A-D930-4C9F-B5D3-D2C721A389BE.jpeg

3657687D-5DED-406B-A794-875BA8EFAAB3.jpeg

After looking and failing to find a way up to the roof we decided to head back because we saw security on the site!

On the way back we saw a ladder leading up to the roof, here is where it all started going wrong…

We took a couple of pictures and decided to ignore the security underneath us:
8C021A71-6F40-4A4C-93FF-37199AF124B0.jpeg

4680233F-D867-44A3-B0DF-E7D47B349BBE.jpeg

55DAA723-F1E9-43B9-8C81-1D40FEBB994B.jpeg

B584EA78-71FC-4AEC-982B-BDC786AB97AF.jpeg

CC0255A8-0541-420D-9187-8C825D853583.jpeg

03AB4C4D-2E2C-4A5C-9F7F-290FA2CABDFB.jpeg

The escape:

We headed back to where we got in through, everything seemed clear, i got out first and my other mate after me.

Thats when we got surrounded by security and pinned in a corner, the other two of our team heard this and ran for their lives!

Luckily for me i had one last trick up my sleeve, inside the sites we visited there was always signs written in english and romanian.
Luckily for me i am romanian.

So when the thick accent security grabbed me by my shirt i started explaining its “civil trespass mate, let go of me, what we are doing is legal”
I ask “Are you romanian by any chance”
“Yes i am”
I start telling him that we will wait for police and to chill, what we are doing is completely legal.

He agrees and tells us to wait there and he speeds of after the other two of our group.

Here is where the final boss appears, VADIM!
Another security guard comes up to us and doesn’t let us leave, we heard the other security talking to this guy, referring to him as Vadim.

But Vadim isn’t very smart, he decides to get some distance in between us and him, going after the other security guy to check if he caught the rest.

We took our chance and dashed it blud!
Flying in the wind, Vadim gives chase!
But Vadim skipped leg day, and stops after 50 meters!

WE ESCAPED!

The not so fortunate @ACTIV
Got caught, woomp woomp!

Security puts him in a room and corners him,
Vadim the bad man that he is proceeds to threaten a 16 year old, telling him he will “beat the sh&t out of him away from CCTV”

The guy on the left is Vadim!

4604AA52-7EF6-4CBD-B23A-51E566A8EA3B.png

After his bluff doesn’t phase ACTIV he starts showing us on the CCTV, and accuses us of stealing. A liar and a coward!

He calls the police and the police said they’ll be there in 1 hour, the security shift ended a while ago, so they let ACTIV leave!

ACTIV

28DL Member
28DL Member
Vadim evil man be careful who ever comes here don’t be stupid and stop running until you are faraway as the security threatened to beat me if we came back so they will probably think we are connected and yeah….

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Something different, interesting to see what's becoming of it. Turbine hall gives off slight Battersea conversion vibes. Wonder what became of the control room

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice! Crazy what they've done to the place. Total concrete shell just a few years ago. Epic escape as well. Nice write up!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Just a point of note with regards to what you wrote, a point I've had to make on Facebook a few times before.

Just because trespassing is a civil offence it doesn't mean it's not illegal. It's not a criminal offence (unless of course it's an injunctioned location, military, nuclear etc) but it is a civil offence and contrary to laws surrounding civil trespass, which you, me, and everyone else active on here is breaking by doing what we do. Don't lull yourself into a false sense of security by thinking it's legal - it only doesn't go punished because 99.99% of the time the owners of the properties don't want to go to the expense of pursuing a prosecution for civil trespass against people just taking photos.

ValorosulGigel

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just a point of note with regards to what you wrote, a point I've had to make on Facebook a few times before.

Just because trespassing is a civil offence it doesn't mean it's not illegal. It's not a criminal offence (unless of course it's an injunctioned location, military, nuclear etc) but it is a civil offence and contrary to laws surrounding civil trespass, which you, me, and everyone else active on here is breaking by doing what we do. Don't lull yourself into a false sense of security by thinking it's legal - it only doesn't go punished because 99.99% of the time the owners of the properties don't want to go to the expense of pursuing a prosecution for civil trespass against people just taking photos.
I know that, try and explain that to the guard in 5 seconds.Best i could do for him to let go of my shirt…
But thanks for the reminder, this comment could also help newcomers here!

Old Git

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Hi Mooks. i thought trespass was made a criminal offence a couple of years ago when they made squatting illegal. Whats the actual craic with this now?

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Hi Mooks. i thought trespass was made a criminal offence a couple of years ago when they made squatting illegal. Whats the actual craic with this now?

Nope, it's still a civil offence in the majority of places. There are exceptions which were put in place to ward off squatters or pikeys who move onto derelict land with intentions to remain there for an extended period of time.

Landie_Man

"Landie" or Harry
Regular User
I’d never leave a mate behind. Even if it meant me getting caught. Just me. Nice write up though!

ValorosulGigel

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I’d never leave a mate behind. Even if it meant me getting caught. Just me. Nice write up though!
Ohhh don’t worry, thats not what happened.
On our way out we hopped the fence to leave, me and my other friend jumped out first.
As soon as we jumped it we got cornered.
They were watching us on cctv the whole time and they were just waiting for us.

Activ and the other guy heard this and ran away, Activ bailed on us.

But we made a deal, we stick together and get caught together.
But if you have a chance to run.
Take it!

Who has read this thread (Total: 159) View details