real time web analytics
Video Report - - Loudoun Castle Theme Park, August 2015 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Video Report - Loudoun Castle Theme Park, August 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

hellonearth

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Another vid guys, we went on a road trip up to Scotland and stopped of at Loundoun Castle Theme Park. For any who doesn't know (we didn't at the time) the owner lives on site. We thought it was really strange as all the grass was well kept and there was almost no sign of the usual "abandoned" signatures like graffiti n all that.

In hindsight it would have been better just knock on the door and ask permission, as we were caught and asked to leave after about an hour. Nice bloke though. Some of the rides were still there but a few were being packed up, so looks like its not gonna be there for much longer.

Some history from ol' wiki:
Loudoun Castle was a theme park set around the ruins of the 19th century Loudoun Castle near Galston, in the Loudoun area of Ayrshire, Scotland, United Kingdom. The park opened in 1995, and closed at the end of the 2010 season. The park's mascot was Rory the Lion.

The park was opened in 1995 by a company based in London and has since been through the hands of travelling showman Raymond Codona to its current owner, Henk Bembom's Parkware Ltd. Bembom took over the park in 2002 and invested £5m during his first year there, followed by an additional £2m in the second. Bembom continued to bring new rides and attractions to the park each year, including another £2m worth of investment in 2007. In winter 2006, Parkware moved all their operations and ride stock to Loudoun from their previous storage buildings in Margate.

On 15 July 2007, 18-year-old ride operator Mark Blackwood died after falling 80 feet (24 m) from a roller coaster he was pushing, which had got stuck. He was taken to Crosshouse Hospital in Kilmarnock for treatment but died there on Monday 16 July 2007. After a two-week trial, the jury found the park owners not guilty of failing to provide proper training and supervision at Kilmarnock Sheriff Court on Saturday 10 October 2009.

In September 2010 it was announced that the park had closed, Bembom stating that it was "no longer economically viable." There are no clear indications as to the future use of the site, whether the current owners intend to sell the business on as a 'going concern' or if they intend to use the site for other purposes. As of February 2011 a number of rides were for sale, including Twist 'n' Shout, Goldrush, Barnstomer, Wacky Worm, Crows Nest and Jammy Dodgems.

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Nice to see again even if in a vid. My god a lot looks like its gone now thx for update. Same guy i see lol.

SirHissjunior

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hmm.....I wonder who I had my encounter with then? The guy who challenged me about being on the site was a total dick. I was my usual polite self once busted, I find that makes it more unlikely for them to phone the polis! ;)

hellonearth

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hmm.....I wonder who I had my encounter with then? The guy who challenged me about being on the site was a total dick. I was my usual polite self once busted, I find that makes it more unlikely for them to phone the polis! ;)

They guy we met was a really nice bloke, if it was up to him he would have probably let us stay i reckon but he told us there is an owner who lives on site, so might have been him you met.

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Yep the owner lives on site. Think the rest are like groundsmen etc i also think they live on site also. Shame really its got some great features. I think they may do the odd permission but i know most wont want that lol.

SirHissjunior

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
They guy we met was a really nice bloke, if it was up to him he would have probably let us stay i reckon but he told us there is an owner who lives on site, so might have been him you met.

Yep the owner lives on site. Think the rest are like groundsmen etc i also think they live on site also. Shame really its got some great features. I think they may do the odd permission but i know most wont want that lol.

Ah so it may have been the owner then. Cheers folks.

Kit Dickson

28DL Member
28DL Member
Has anyone been here recently? I was wanting to do a shoot for my photography project there on Tuesday 5th of April and any information would be extremely helpful! Thanks!