Web
Analytics
Report - - LUDDINGTON HOUSE - EGHAM | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - LUDDINGTON HOUSE - EGHAM

wicksy101

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After Giving Urbex a break for a long while, i stumbled across a post online that showed pictures that resembled the freshness of the once beautiful Berkyn Manor. It couldn't possibly be another beautiful building left exactly how it was? As it turns out, it was exactly that, par a few surprises along the way. With the power still working, it looked as if somebody was still living there from the outside and even from pasts of the inside too.

I had a look online and could not find much about the building at all in terms of past visits so i thought i would give it a go.

Anybody local to Berkshire, please feel free to drop me a PM if you would like to explore!

Approaching the building it looked perfect, a tad overgrown but otherwise untouched.
9R8A6271.jpg

Once inside, I started my exploring, soon coming up-to a corridor. Approaching the end of the corridor i could hear voices. Was the other half of the house being lived in? I approached the door at the end and opened it... Music? Classical music. Was somebody watching TV, playing the piano? As i slowly moved through the house following the music i soon found the source. A DVD player, left in the middle of the room, quietly letting out a classical song. Possibly the creepiest thing i have come across on an explore. I left the music playing and left it on for others to find. The rest of this is simply highlights that i came across. Unfortunately the sun was down sooner than i thought due to my bad timing. Apologies for the grainy images. I feel like a day trip is needed.
9R8A6277.jpg

9R8A6273.jpg

9R8A6275.jpg
9R8A6281.jpg
9R8A6284.jpg
9R8A6286.jpg

I am very keen to work out what these tiles are used for. Drink Casters?
9R8A6287.jpg

9R8A6289.jpg

9R8A6291.jpg

9R8A6293.jpg

9R8A6302.jpg

I found the exact same records in Berkyn manor, only snapped in half, very strange. Would have been interesting to hear these!
9R8A6295.jpg

9R8A6311.jpg

9R8A6312.jpg

9R8A6320.jpg

The photo on the left reads 'The pope sat in this chair' - Not sure how true that is.
9R8A6328.jpg

17th July 1989.
9R8A6331.jpg

9R8A6338.jpg

9R8A6344.jpg

9R8A6347.jpg

I hope you enjoyed!

Neurox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This place looks amazing, so much stuff left behind. I had a little look about a year ago but it was still partially lived in at the time (being a HMO) and up for sale, so I didn't go in... Wish I had now!

Ferox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some really interesting stuff left in here. I seen a fireplace with tiles like that in a house that was doing the rounds a while back.

wicksy101

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This place looks amazing, so much stuff left behind. I had a little look about a year ago but it was still partially lived in at the time (being a HMO) and up for sale, so I didn't go in... Wish I had now!
I would defiantly go for a look. I only posted on here as I had seen the location had already been posted. Its only been on recently AFAIK so I would recommend getting down ASAP before it gets ruined.

Yorrick

I call bullshit!
Regular User
Decent first report and a good set of photos.

I am very keen to work out what these tiles are used for. Drink Casters?
They are indeed drinks coasters. They represent some of Aesop's fables. Clockwise from top left - The lion and the mouse, the fox and the goat, the wolf and the lamb, the wolf and the crane. "A fable is a short narratives to illustrate a hidden instruction" More on the fables here

wicksy101

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Decent first report and a good set of photos.

They are indeed drinks coasters. They represent some of Aesop's fables. Clockwise from top left - The lion and the mouse, the fox and the goat, the wolf and the lamb, the wolf and the crane. "A fable is a short narratives to illustrate a hidden instruction" More on the fables here
Thank you! There was actually a whole box of them just off the table, i didn't have a rummage though. Very cool!

Nick356

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went here yesterday and there were people in there. A van and a car were parked outside the house. Guessing it maybe lived in now.