real time web analytics
Report - - Ludgate Hill Nurses Home, Birmingham - June 2023 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ludgate Hill Nurses Home, Birmingham - June 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Ludgate Hill Nurses Home, Birmingham - June 2023

A former nurses home on the corner of Ludgate Hill and Lionel Street which was built in 1939 to accommodate staff for the Birmingham & Midland Eye Hospital, which was just down the road on Barwick Street. The four storey, E-shaped nurses home was built to plans by architect Mr E W Turner at a cost of £30,000 and could accommodate 59 nursing staff and 20 domestic staff.

How long this has been disused is anyone’s guess, looks like the NHS moved out in the late 90s(?) and it’s just been sat since. The property has been for sale recently along with the festering dump next door. Would make a nice residential conversion I guess!

Visited solo on a June evening. After accidentally making my way into the wrong building and finding some grotty recently vacated, unharvested weed grow I eventually made my way into the nurses home a little on edge…

01 (8).jpg

01 (1).jpg

The building mostly consists of empty rooms with varying levels of derp

01 (4).jpg

01 (3).jpg

The central staircase which wound its way around the lift-shaft was quite pretty

01 (5).jpg

01 (11).jpg

01 (10).jpg

01 (9).jpg

01 (6).jpg

01 (7).jpg

01 (2).jpg

01 (12).jpg

Retro choc

01 (13).jpg

It was around this point I began to hear noises and faint voices which in my heightened state of overthinking I'd naturally presumed belonged to a pair of Albanian weed horticulturists who were wondering who’d been poking around in their patch. Thankfully though it turned out to be dweeb and Speed and not shouty angry men.

Function room

01 (14).jpg

01 (15).jpg

There was also quite a sizeable underground section with some kind of air-raid shelter feel to it but I didn't get any pictures. I also absolutely shredded my jacket coming back out, I have a comedy picture somewhere which I'll add if I find it!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Great decay and peel. The lift is pretty cool and that old dispenser. Never had a bar 6. looks like KitKat!

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Well after quite a few years of wondering what was in there it was interesting enough! I guess the basement rooms were stores and maybe kitchen? The big room on the ground floor was a dining room I think so they would have to have cooked somewhere?

ash47

professional crayon eater
28DL Full Member
Great shots

Love the lift shaft in the center of the staircase, reminds me of a few I saw in Cairo

chills

Queller of the uprising
Love this! Like Dweeb and Speed, always wondered what was hidden away behind those walls! Looks a nice little mooch!

Who has read this thread (Total: 266) View details