real time web analytics
Report - - Lydden Spout Deep Shelter 6-4-15 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lydden Spout Deep Shelter 6-4-15

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

grrantt

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The deep shelter at the site of Lydden Spout Battery, on the cliffs to the west of Dover just above Samphire Ho, can only be visited with EXTREME CAUTION due to the precarious condition of the collapsed entrance. The main sections of the shelter are fairly sound, although damp, and original graffiti from the engineers who constructed them in the Second World War can be seen in unlined sections.

Work on this shelter was carried out by 172 Tunnelling Coy R.E. 1n 1941, the complex being designed to house 4 officers and 170 other ranks in approximately 3500 square feet of floor space.
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_lydden_spout_deep_shelter08.jpg
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_lydden_spout_deep_shelter01.jpg
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_11935960786_068c284ae2_c.jpg
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_11935604854_db90ac3466_c.jpg
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_11935942866_a0f684eac0_c.jpg
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_3555281978_722cc9885f.jpg

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
I'm amazed you can get in here still, every winter I keep thinking it'll be game over for the access here, but it's still clinging on, somehow!

grrantt

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its very slippery now and inside the roof has more or less completely given way one knock of something I would guess its game over :(

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
good effort mate and some pretty good lighting. One of the best deep shelters in dover by far.