real time web analytics
Report - - Lydden Spout Deep Shelter Dover April 2013 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lydden Spout Deep Shelter Dover April 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
This has been the one shelter i dover that's eluded me due to the entrance or rather the route down to it!three years ago i had a go and last year but my body would not allow me to go down the ever disappearing cliff path to it..

Fast forward 3 years and with a lot of encouragement from the guys i finally got down to it ..cheers lads
Visited with SpaceInvader Obscurity and UrbanJunky was a great meet up and pukka day out :thumb

Brief blagged history

Lydden Spout Battery was constructed in 1941 on the cliffs between Dover and Folkestone. This consisted of three 6â€￾ naval gun positions, magazines, gun rooms, a plotting room and a large deep shelter. The guns were removed in the 1970’s but the foundations are still visible to date. All underground parts are in a good condition. Above ground most buildings were demolished but an officers mess remains and is now used as a cow shed.

Pics

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

dfgdf.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg
DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

Thanks for looking and im rather chuffed i got down there..thanks again to the guys for getting me down there:thumb

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details