real time web analytics
Report - - Lyndon Old Rectory, Outhouse and Church - Lyndon - June 2021 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lyndon Old Rectory, Outhouse and Church - Lyndon - June 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

RobertLeem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The History of Lyndon Old Rectory, Outhouse and Church
There isn't much to go on with regards to the Old Rectory and Outhouse, it is now a grade 2 list building although much of it had to be demolished around 2006 due to subsidence, from the photos below that's as much as remains, the rear is was just overgrown grass and trees, ivy had completely covered it

The church dates back to around 13th / 14th Century

Exploring Lyndon Old Rectory, Outhouse and Church
There is parking outside the church although on the day I had to park on the outer edge of the village and walk in due to maintenance works, the church sits in lovely grounds with the old rectory next door which can be accessed via a gap in the fence, you can walk around the old rectory although the rear was heavily weedy. There is a small cottage type building just behind the outhouse which is occupied, I also got the impression that the outhouse was still in use. From reading several other articles there is supposed to be a deserted hall in the village, might have to do a little more digging and visit

Below is a photo of the church

The outhouse which is connected to the old rectory, behind this building is a small cottage which is occupied, please be mindful

Close up of the old rectory - what's left of it

A panoramic shot of 5 photos stitched together to show it's beauty

RobertLeem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Update Date - 14-08-2021
I revisited today and took a pair of garden shears with me, cut some of the blackberry bushes from the rear and took some photos of the inside, was surprised by how big it was