real time web analytics
Report - - Macintosh Mill, Manchester - June 2010 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Macintosh Mill, Manchester - June 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Jimmy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Explored this one by myself.

I won't go too much into detail in regards to the history of the place as this has been researched in great deal by other members.

In brief, The Macintosh Mill was the world's first commercial rubber factory and as a result played a significant part in the rubber industry, having links to waterproof clothing and to the army, this building provided jobs such as India Rubber Mat Puncher, Mechanical Rubber Worker, Waterproof Garment Finisher amongst many others from the 1800's onwards up until its closure in 2000.

Whilst researching I also came across small facts such as during the time of World War I, through the presence of rubber making machinery, Observational Balloons were manufactured under this same roof.

DSCF2556.jpg

DSCF2457.jpg

DSCF2494.jpg

DSCF2501.jpg

DSCF2486.jpg

DSCF2511.jpg

DSCF2524.jpg

DSCF2516.jpg

DSCF2519.jpg

Across the site was another building that housed a crane, although I did this would still be active. Amongst the bird crap, I was able to take some shots of the crane control pad and the roof beams that have been left to rot.

DSCF2543.jpg

DSCF2542.jpg

DSCF2544.jpg

DSCF2540.jpg

Cheers for looking, Jimmy_Halfway. :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details